• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Most of us have been told that NFO is closed for the rest of the year, but there will be pilot boards in September. Some of us have heard SWO is also closed until September. While I have heard about NFO and Pilot, I have not heard about SWO from my CoC, so I'm operating under the presumption there will be a SWO board until informed otherwise by my CoC.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Heres my stats....anyone give me a realistic evaluation as to whether or not I have a shot?

DIE DIE DIE... Just kiddin... That is the worst question to ask on this forum... Learn from your mistake and don't ask it or one similar to it again! To answer... No one has any idea... Just apply and see what happens... Good Luck!

Seafort

I was just informed that SWO is definitely gone, BUT, I've been put in for SWO/IP. Another BZ for my OR for anticipating that.

A

AlexSmart

I think we might be getting calendar and fiscal year crossed with regards to boards. I might have been confused myself, but I think September is the first boards to start filling slots for FY12. My OR said that SNA and NFO boards will resume September and I'm fairly sure he said it will be the first boards for FY12 (I deleted the email like a genius). At this point, I doubt the CNO himself knows what the f*** is going on with the boards...

Seafort

I've had so many conflicting stories, that basically my OR was like, "Look... let's just ah... send you to everything. SWO/IP is the first board, you cool with that?" If I'm non select, we'll submit to the aviation boards (what ever the may be ????) and the SWO board in september. I'm not interested in being an aviator for aviation's sake or I'd be applying across all the services. Which is cool if that's your goal. Absolutely cool.

I want to be a Naval Officer, and I'll do what it takes to get that commission in the Navy. If that means SWO, more than happy to go SWO. If it means IP, cool with that too. I it means NFO or SNA? Uhm, yeah, like I am going to turn it down?

So whatever the boards are? Bring 'em on!

Lucy

Doesn't apply for my app but I got the same info as Alex. I heard a couple spots for sna might still be open for then end of fy11 but nothing to make bets on. What all come downs to is apply ASAP with the best you got because the waiting time is only gonna increase.

Sidenote- had interview with a lcdr pilot went great package in.

A

AlexSmart

Here is the info I got from my OR this morning regarding the Application revision: "It has not been approved for use yet. It is still in revision. As of today we are still using the old form. I will let you know if/when you will need to fill out a new application form."

It would be nice if they decided to go with this form. In case anyone hasn't noticed yet the allowed space for the motivational statement has been increased significantly. In my case, my 399 word motivational statement was only 2,375 characters (including spaces) and the new limit would be a whopping 6,000 characters (including spaces).

jlil41

Since we had/have the long wait and the July boards are out of the question I went ahead and added to my package. I got another LOR, did an Officer interview, my GPA went up a whole tenth due to a 4.0 last semester and I revised my motivational statement. So I am in for whatever boards come next.

Lucy

Bravo for getting updates. Keep adding to it. That was the one recommendation the LCDR I interviewed with had. Keep improving yourself, now and as an Officer.

Seafort

So now that we are aware of what is and is not happening, who is still actually going for a board in July?

I'm up for SWO/IP, Lucy is up for INTEL. Anyone else? Maybe someone for SUPPO or IW? Are there still boards for SWO/METOC?

Surfacewarrior

After reading some stats, here are mine!

Applying for IP,IW and Pilot

IT1 SW/AW USN
Currently 7 years of service
24 years old

BBA Management of Information Systems/Management
3.43 GPA
Northwood University

OAR 44, 4/5/4

Evals: EP EP EP

Awards: 1 NAM

PRT: Oustanding Medium last 3

Interviews: 3 0-5's with outstanding remarks

LOR:O-7, 3 O-6's (two retired, one Air Force, one Army), 3 O-5's, One USCG Certified Captain/Merchant Marine professor at SUNY

Extracurricular: CAT team member, Command Volunteer Coordinator, Developed first ever Command Captain's Cup, Command Fitness leader, MWR rep.

Put my package in last Friday. Good luck all!

Lucy

Well since yesturday was the last for a July submit good luck to everyone, and maybe we will pick up a few stragglers once the results get closer.

Lucy

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
INTEL/SUPPO here, told it was important to get a pro rec and then see what can be done with it (Hoping for SWO redesig.).

tpietsch

Got the word from my OR today. No July submission. No pilot boards until September.

I'm pretty upset over this one but, hey, I sort of saw it coming thanks to the lovely Airwarriors forum. More than anything I just want to finally get to a f&*%in' board.

Looks like it's going to be the overstuffed/ultra-competitive September SNA/NFO/SWO board for me!

*Head held high* Let's go get em'!

Wow, really really frustrated now. I flew down to California last week, in large part to finish up this stupid process. I spoke to the recruiter a few days ago and he once again, informed me I wasn't a priority and wouldn't be submitted until the next month. I had a nice long chat with him about hearing the boards might be cancelled for the rest of the year and he told me he had heard nothing about this being a possibility. This amuses me because he told me this ~6/22 or so... When apparently everyone on this site already knows the real deal? Getting more and more irritated.

Regardless, he told me that everything was sent out by the deadline, but he doens't know if it was accepted. Is that normal?

Seeing the process in action, I am really getting frustrated. I don't see any reason why my packet was pushed back upwards of three months now. Actually, strike that, I do. The lack of organization I was seeing was appalling. I even went through MEPS yesterday and don't know why. I felt like an idiot because my packet wasn't even sent out. However, I passed all the tests it looks like. I am what they call a picket fence.

In the off chance my packet went out and there are boards, here is my stuff:

SNA
3.07 GPA from CSUS in Communications
7/8/8 63
LOR: HR Director at previous job, FAA regional director of Alaska, 0-1 old fraternity president, and previous employer
Extensive foreign travel experience

Going through this process is really opening my eyes. I love how the military and the world in general wants "experienced" people, but in actuality, they don't. Having traveled outside the country was just a big hassle in filling out paperwork. Having actually admitted smoking marijuana (10 times in my life) appears to be a stupid idea, regardless of the fact that something like 90%+ of the population has done it. It appears that squeeky clean is the only way to be.

Bleh, anyway, I wanted to mention a couple things I DID hear/experience that were interesting:

1.) Recruiter told me that he has never had a SNA applicant NOT accepted who had scored a 60+ OAR score. He has been doing officer recruiting for less than a year at this point, but still, good to know.

2.) The Capt. leading the MEPS exeperience and I spoke briefly ( I was the only OCS applicant out of 40+) and told me that OCS was extremely competitive and make sure I was physically on the ball. She said that scoring a 100 on the PRT throughout was important to my success.

3.) When going through MEPS, make sure you mention that you are an aviation applicant. I happened to mention this is passing to someone and they said, "Hold up" and looked through my documents and noticed I had not taken the depth perception test.

Well, looks like I will end up in the September board. The one bright spot in all of this is that my application is done. No tweaks needed, so I can tell my recruiter I want it sent out the first week of September and shouldn't hear any flak from it.