• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards 2010

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
May...June...now July. BATTER UP!

26/M

53 5/6/5

Currently a Social Studies Teacher in the Baton Rouge Parish School System.

Tulane University History UGPA 3.41 cum laude
Tulane University History GGPA 4.00

Couple of academic scholarships.
Congressional Medal of Honor Researcher, Lecturer and Grant Recipient.

New Orleans Americorps Alum -->1700 hours of educational non-profit research/management/logistics

LORs:
- 2x Employer
- 2x Professors
- Undercover Lieutenant/Army Vet
- O-8 Army
- Relative

Scholar, Athlete, Gentleman of Leisure.

My designators? Dunno yet. SWO and SUPPO keep switching places. Think I might be staying away from aviation, fellas.

Lucy

Hey Marmoset,

I hope this board works for you! Part-time americorp here. Although, I will have a second term after I finish this one, so it'll be 1800 hours in about a year and half.
Best of Luck!
(and thanks for posting the first July boards :))

bwh06b

FS SNA
going for the July board now.

M/23

61/7/7/8

SNA & SNFO

B.S. Biochemistry, Abilene Christian University: 3.54
1 Year at USNA: 2.59

LOR's:
-Former Employers
-Ret. Navy Admiral and 2 Ret. Navy Captains
-Texas Governor
-Congressman
-Close Family Friends

-Over 500 hours of volunteer experience throughout college.
-Worked all the way through college.
-Dean's List 5 Semesters

Really hoping this one will work out for me on the board. Don't want to have to wait six months to try again, but I'll do what I have to in order to get that pro rec.

Lucy

Lucy
21/F
BDCP INTEL
ASTB 56 5/5/5- Oh the wonderfulness of math…:-/
I should be in for the July board.

School
Graduating in August 2012
B.A. in International Studies w/ European Focus, Social Sciences (focus in History and Geography), and Liberal Sciences
Overall a 3.35. (If I can get my winter/spring transcripts in time, then it’ll be a 3.45, and a 3.7 at my current university)
Study Abroad in France Wtr/Sp term 2010
Took college classes (running start) in high school

Volunteer/Extracurricular
Americorp Student-In-Service 900 hour participant- 2/3 completed so far (since Dec 08)
Writing tutor
Volunteer intern at my former community college where I established a study abroad department
Participated in Washington Business Week while in high school for both available years. Selected speaker for first year. Awarded scholarship for the second.
Phi Theta Kappa at my community college(academic and service society)

Awards/Honors
Award president’s Gold Award for service for 2009.
Gilman International Scholarship Recipient for Study Abroad
PEMCO scholarship from Advanced year of Washington business week (runner-up first year)
Jack Kent Cooke Transfer Scholarship nominee
Paper on morality up for award from my CC

Work
National Park Service with minor security check (7 yr) and a GS 3.3 rating
Work-study student at NPS and writing center summer
Target sales associate
Sears cashier/commission sales- (two promotions)

7 LOR's including O-3 USNR Intel and a GS 9

OR is setting up at least one O-5/O-6 Intel interview

Sorry this is rather long. Glad to share other info if others want to know/better idea of who is applying if I am get accepted.

Lucy
Best of Luck to everyone!

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
May...June...now July. BATTER UP!

26/M

53 5/6/5

Currently a Social Studies Teacher in the Baton Rouge Parish School System.

Tulane University History UGPA 3.41 cum laude
Tulane University History GGPA 4.00

Couple of academic scholarships.
Congressional Medal of Honor Researcher, Lecturer and Grant Recipient.

New Orleans Americorps Alum -->1700 hours of educational non-profit research/management/logistics

Scholar, Athlete, Gentleman of Leisure.

My designators? Dunno yet. SWO and SUPPO keep switching places. Think I might be staying away from aviation, fellas.

Why are you staying away from aviation? Concerned about your age? Best of luck to you!

bwh06b

FS SNA
Did any of you have your recruiter talk to you about just waiting until the new fiscal year starts in October to apply? He had kind of mentioned to me a couple of times that it would be a lot easier to get a slot when the new FY rolls around, but I just wanted to go ahead and give it a shot now. I'd rather try now and not get pro rec'd than just sit on my hands waiting until October to try for the first time.

rhinoh82

Throwin' my hat in the ring for the July board.

28/M
Prior Enlisted: 5 yrs. Active Duty (USMC, SGT/E-5)
Awards: Meritorious Mast, LOA
ASTB: 5,6,6 45
ASVAB: 79
BS Electronic Systems, SIU
GPA 3.2
LOR's: AF O-6 (Ret. F-15 Pilot), Navy CDR, Army CW4 (Ret., Current Boss)
Applying: SNA, SNFO, & Intel

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Did any of you have your recruiter talk to you about just waiting until the new fiscal year starts in October to apply? He had kind of mentioned to me a couple of times that it would be a lot easier to get a slot when the new FY rolls around, but I just wanted to go ahead and give it a shot now. I'd rather try now and not get pro rec'd than just sit on my hands waiting until October to try for the first time.

I wouldn't wait until the new fiscal year rolls around, personally. NFO slots have been shut down for the rest of FY10 and the entire FY11 (per my OR). So, if I were you, I would apply now and see where you fall.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Ok. Clearing the air. Totally kidding on the "youngsters" rag.

As to the lack of aviation? Maybe lack of stats?

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot

I say go for what you want most first. If you don't want aviation, then no worries, but if you do, why not go for it? The only way you can guarantee not getting selected is if you don't apply.

Lucy

Hey as far as the FY2011 goes, FY starts in October, but selection for FY11 started back in March, since numbers are based on when someone comissions, not when they are selected, so now versus October won't make much of a difference outside of the normal who you are against at the board.

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35

Are you talking about ASTB? if so i was selected with a 5/6/5 50 for pilot and nfo. Go for want you want. ASTB is just one thing they grade your package on. That doesn't make or break your package.