• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Judgement Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

backseater82

Okay, my OSO told me not to expect anything before the month is out. He said it can take forever sometimes. We might hear before then but don't expect it. Make sure the first person to find out lets us all know

Best of luck to us all

reapergm

You know what the hardest part is... (this goes out to you Franny)... There is abosolutely NOTHING I want to do more than get this slot. I want to be a Marine Officer so bad it hurts. I feel like a poster ad campaign, but seriously, the Marines have more to offer than any other profession I could think of. Seriously, Im an NFO contract, and I cant believe that might be my job one day. Hours and hours of thinking about it, I cant imagine that people get to fly in F/A-18s, get to use the latest technology, travel the world, get benefits for the rest of their lives, and get to be a part of something that people have died to become. Man, I really think Im going to get knocked out of the ballpark this board. IT SUCKS. So for all of you who knock me for getting stressed... dont ever again say a damn word to me, because to not worry about my dream is unnatural. For all of you who get in... dont take for granted for one friggin second the opportunity that has been presented to you. I would give up ANYTHING I have for it. If you get in.. YOU WILL NOT.. GIVE UP, LOSE HOPE, QUIT under any damn circumstance.. because if you do, you disrespect all the people who would die for that spot. If our OSOs are right, 1200 people are getting negged, so have respect for those people, they worked hard too. I read all these posts, we're all worried, we all have the same dream. I really do wish we could all make it, we'd pull each other through the training. So once again... I really do wish you all the best of luck. I wish all you people with a 2.1 GPA, 225 PFT, 464 ASTB and no recommendation, who really TRY AS HARD AS YOU CAN the chance. Motivation and determination will get you everywhere. NO STRESS!!! DO IT UP!!! SEMPER FI!!! -GAVIN MIRANDA!

jennifer

right on reapergm! Don't give up on your dream!

There are at least 1200 NFO/NA applicants? I didn't realize so many people are applying, maybe I just misunderstood you.

reapergm

Jennifer - According to my OSO, he speculated that there would be around 1500 applicants from around the country and 300 slots. I guess noone will know until they get back the results to us just how many there were. And I have no idea how they break it down between deciding how many ground vs. air, or NFO/NA.

jennifer

thanks reapergm for the clarification. These days are going by way to slowly for me! I am at work and all I can think about is getting in to OCS. Okay stress reliever-Squat time!

thepilot33

Don’t count on a quick response. A applied for a pilot slot with the AF 3 months ago, and it took two months before my recruiter got back to me with the results from the board. I would not be a bit surprised if we do not get our results back until mid September, even with OCC beginning on October 5.

Franny

Right on Reapergm... you should think about going enlisted to officer if you do not get accepted. Then you can prove yourself. I totally didn't mean to knock you down... just keep you strong. No matter what happens, your passion will take you there.

jennifer

I check this board daily to see if there is any word from any of you guys. Please let the girl from Alaska know if you got in. I am cheering for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.