• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

joining the navy this week. hoping to become naval aviator and need some guidance

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Another thing to consider is that once your package starts to take shape, your command will likely schedule you for a STA-21 board, which is an interview with a few officers who will send up a report on their impression of your aptitude to complete a commissioning program and succeed as a Naval Officer. When you are nearing that point, don't be afraid to ask a few Chiefs and Officers in your command for advice on both your package and the board process. Not a good idea to show up for one of those looking/seeming nervous or less than confident. Also, do some soul searching and decide if you would be happy as a commissioned officer even if you did not become a Pilot/NFO. There's no right answer there, but it's something to think long and hard about.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
interesting program. kudos for getting it.

Guessing your grades werent as bad as you say they were. By the instruction you had to have had a 2.5 GPA to be accepted.

So, looks like you will go to school, at least then. But once you hit the fleet, unless the NAVADMIN changes you wont take classes again for a year. Use the time to hit the deckplates hard, qualify, and learn as much as you can about your job. That is how you get selected.

I had a rough high school career (that's putting it mildly), enlisted at 18, excelled in Nuke Power School, then excelled in the fleet. My record in the Navy and how I worked at what I was doing got me selected for STA-21 (things like Qualifying Chief's watchstations as a 2nd class), nothing else.