• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JFK replacing Kitty Hawk in Yokosuka

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Yeah, when I was there I noticed all the anti-American sentiment at the Hiroshima museum. Didn't mention the Rape of Nanking or attack on Pearl harbor or anything like that in the WWII historical part. Oh well, can't expect too much I suppose.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Yeah, when I was there I noticed all the anti-American sentiment at the Hiroshima museum. Didn't mention the Rape of Nanking or attack on Pearl harbor or anything like that in the WWII historical part. Oh well, can't expect too much I suppose.

Yep. Many Japanese either don't know Pearl Harbor happened, or believe we provoked it, that the Japanese was acting in self-defense.

A4sForever said:
Unofficially, Japanese call Koreans "garlic-eaters" and hate 'em.

So that's what the dirty bastards were calling me? I thought they were talking about the DOG drumstick! :icon_smil

What's sad about the Rape of Nanking is that of the people who actually DO know about it a lot think that was an isolated incident(comparing it to My Lai for example), when it was really just the tip of the iceberg...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
vegita1220 said:
What's sad about the Rape of Nanking is that of the people who actually DO know about it a lot think that was an isolated incident(comparing it to My Lai for example), when it was really just the tip of the iceberg...

Yep. A lot of ignorance in the world. The Nazis are villified, as they should be, but the Japanese were as bad, or worse. The people that still think we should have stayed out of it, or those that think the war wasn't a true good vs evil, are fvcked in the head.

cindy

Super18Ordie said:
ok heres the word out in the fleet. JFK is getting decommed and the IKE is taking her place in Mayport
True, that is the plan, as I understand.

The buzz in Washington and Tokyo (see article) is that Republicans are saying "no way" to an 11 CV Navy and the Democrats are saying "no way" to retiring the JFK. McCain has told the Navy to find a solution. A supplemental is being prepared to pay for a two year rennovation of the JFK who then would be recomm and sent to Japan to replace Kitty. Lots of moving parts to that, will it happen? Who knows. Brett said it would not happen so therefore it will not.

On the other hand, sounds like we are going to Nuke Tokyo and Hiroshima (again) so who knows for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.