• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JFK replacing Kitty Hawk in Yokosuka

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Why did this shock you? The Koreans and Japanese have zero love for each other.

Officially, no problems ... Obla-di-obla-da .... la-la-la-la-life goes on.:icon_mi_1

Unofficially, Japanese call Koreans "garlic-eaters" and hate 'em. (South) Koreans call Japanese "barbarians from the sea" and hate 'em. Situation NORMAL in the Orient. :icon_rage

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
What surprised me is that these were the same guys who I had just visited the Hiroshima Museum with who said how their hearts were dark and how horrible the a-bomb was on Hiroshima. I knew of the hatred, just the quick change in between seeing the museum and then idea of nuking N Korea caught me off guard.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
What surprised me is that these were the same guys who I had just visited the Hiroshima Museum with who said how their hearts were dark and how horrible the a-bomb was on Hiroshima. I knew of the hatred, just the quick change in between seeing the museum and then idea of nuking N Korea caught me off guard.

I wonder how many of them know what was involved in WWII? The Japanese don't do a good job in teaching that dark period of history... neither do the Germans.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting place, Japan is the only place I hvae been the victim of racism-No Gaijin allowed. I in my drunken stupor reminded the little man that I was an occupying force thanks to our victory and had his grandfather been half the man mine was he might be able to exclude me from his establishment . Glad that didnt make the blotter!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Interesting place, Japan is the only place I hvae been the victim of racism-No Gaijin allowed. I in my drunken stupor reminded the little man that I was an occupying force thanks to our victory and had his grandfather been half the man mine was he might be able to exclude me from his establishment . Glad that didnt make the blotter!

HAHHAHAHHA

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Skidkid, halarious...

DanMav1156 said:
Do you know Japan's response to that? Economic sanctions. What goods you ask? Lipstick and melons. I swear I quote for verbatim when I say that the Japanese ministry said, upon announcing that these sanctions would begin, "...then Kim Kong Il will ask, where are my melons?" He's apparently a huge melon fan. They also noted there is a high demand for ladies lipstick in N. Korea. Go figure.

Remember that a lot of the stuff north korea gets from the outside world comes from Japan or through Japanese ports... economic sanctions in this case are a fairly big deal- especially for a country that is already in economic ruin anyways. Also, don't forget that a year or two ago, JMSDF engaged a North Korean intelliegence gathering boat in Japanese waters (either territorial or economic exclusion zone... i forget) and it ended up sinking.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Back in the day (B57 day), we had patches with a front view of the mighty Orion racing away from an overwater mushroom cloud saying "Now It's Miller Time". We had to take them off for our Misawa deployment or anytime we flew to any Japanese air base. :icon_rage

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For those of you who have been to the Hiroshima museum, you'll know what I'm talking about here. The whole thing is one big distorted piece of anti-US propaganda. All kinds of BS about how we really didn't want to drop the bomb, but the politicians needed to justify all the expense of R&D. I was getting so many dirty looks from the J's when I was in there, I finally started saying, "Pearl Harbor, b!tch" each time one one of those bitter fvcks gave me the slanted stink-eye.

Brett

Brett327 said:
For those of you who have been to the Hiroshima museum, you'll know what I'm talking about here. The whole thing is one big distorted piece of anti-US propaganda. All kinds of BS about how we really didn't want to drop the bomb, but the politicians needed to justify all the expense of R&D. I was getting so many dirty looks from the J's when I was in there, I finally started saying, "Pearl Harbor, b!tch" each time one one of those bitter fvcks gave me the slanted stink-eye.

Brett

Perhaps somebody should start a Japanese War Atrocities Museum...hell, you figure the entire East Asian seaboard would have something of that nature already.

KBayDog

vegita1220 said:
Perhaps somebody should start a Japanese War Atrocities Museum...hell, you figure the entire East Asian seaboard would have something of that nature already.

Very, very good point - after all, there are museums dedicated to the Holocaust, to westward espansion, etc.

However, you are forgetting something: The "Blame America First" crowd would have to get their shots in first. My guess is that they would blame us for not getting involved in the situation before it reached the level it did. Funny, too, because that was during the era when we thought we were doing the right thing with our Isolationist policy...the very same policy they want us to have now. Gee, it worked so, so well back then.

Well, on that note, maybe you could blame the U.S. first for Japanese/Nazi atrocities: We were dumb enough to trust Europe and Asia to behave without our "help."

Guess they always need us in the end.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett

Get the "Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" DVD. There's a great bit where he's on Waikiki screaming at Japanese tourists.

"Enjoying the beach? REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR! THAT'S RIGHT, I BLAME YOU"

So wrong, yet sooooo funny.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Triumph very well could be the funniest comic phenomenon ever. Smigel is a genius.

Brett

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
That's definitely some BS considering the damage and loss of life we caused by our firebombing raids of japan. More people were killed as a result of that, and I'm sure that was no pleasant way to go. It always makes me wonder when people get so irate over our bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki, and they don't even bother to look up other numbers of destruction and damage that we caused to japan. It was war, and we actually did a lot worse than drop a few A-bombs.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
zippy said:
Remember that a lot of the stuff north korea gets from the outside world comes from Japan or through Japanese ports... economic sanctions in this case are a fairly big deal- especially for a country that is already in economic ruin anyways. Also, don't forget that a year or two ago, JMSDF engaged a North Korean intelliegence gathering boat in Japanese waters (either territorial or economic exclusion zone... i forget) and it ended up sinking.

Yeah I have no probelem with economic sanctions, but melons and lipstick?!?!?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Geese said:
That's definitely some BS considering the damage and loss of life we caused by our firebombing raids of japan. More people were killed as a result of that, and I'm sure that was no pleasant way to go. It always makes me wonder when people get so irate over our bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki, and they don't even bother to look up other numbers of destruction and damage that we caused to japan. It was war, and we actually did a lot worse than drop a few A-bombs.

A) They were the enemy.

B) Our objective was to win.

C) It prevented the invasion of Japan. This would have been MUCH worse.

D) The Japanese made the Nazis look like Sesame Street. Ever hear of the Rape of Nanking? Most people haven't. It's awful, fvcked up repugnant sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.