• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January Aviation Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

thull

Hey guys can you check my stats?

4.5 GPA (unweighted 4.2)
10/10/10 90 ASTB
20/5 vision
Boys State/National Jamboree/NJROTC boot camp counselor
PhD from University of Phoenix
LORs from General Nimitz and Admiral Eisenhower
Steve Jobs' executive assistant for iPod development

what are my chances of getting picked up?

I got a kick out of that..:D (BTW original poster...this kind of sarcasm should give you a sense of where you stand..you obviously have a good shot:))

Hurley

Not bad.

Hello Everyone,

Just today I finalized my application kit for the January Aviation (OCS Selection) Board. My recruiter told me that the kit had to be completed by Jan. 8 and that the board will meet Jan. 2X.

I am applying for SNA only.

3.7 GPA Mechanical Engineering Technology with Aerospace Technology Certificate
ALSO 3.6 GPA for two Associate's degrees: Math and Engineering Science
ASTB: 7/7/6 62
I have worked in industry as a CNC machinist.
Eagle Scout
25yrs of age
20/15 uncorrected vision
No flight training
LORs from AF Major General, USMC Colonel and former Scoutmaster.
and very favorable employer references.

For those also applying to the January AVIATION board, what are you bringing to the fight?

Jason

So you got some game.

speeddypat

None
My recruiter yesterday said the board is definitely meeting this month... and that we'd find out hopefully not too long after... the waiting game is getting close to done! good luck to everyone!

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
More unconfirmed rumor-mongering: My recruiter mentioned the results are supposed to be out on Monday, the 29th. I Don't know if this date is the paper-date, or the real one.

Unfortunately, it looks like my package wasn't "reviewed" before the board met, so I guess I'll get bumped to the Feb. board. Good luck to everyone else.

pilotpete24

I put in my application for NFO to the January board so I hope you're right on the Jan. 29th date. Sorry to here you got bumped to the Feb. board. Best of luck to you!

es101js

pilot
My recruiter yesterday said the board is definitely meeting this month... and that we'd find out hopefully not too long after... the waiting game is getting close to done! good luck to everyone!

the waiting game never ends...you select, then you wait for OCS, then you wait to class up IFS, then you wait to class up API, then you wait to class up in primary...and so on. once your done with one part of training your waiting for the next phase and so on

tiger84

LT
pilot
^^^What he said. Learn to enjoy your wait time as well. I'm finding that my "long" six week wait before my OCS date is becoming increasingly short and I'm wishing I had a few more weeks to get in even better shape.

MotoZuki

Nothing here. Getting restless. On the up side, my lease was up in Jan. and I'm living in a friend's beach condo until info comes through.... Lots of sand-running ahead.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
If the board did get pushed back to the 5th, then results should be posted by the 29th. With all the trouble folks have had with the new CNRC system, we might not hear anything until March. I still have school / work to keep my mind occupied, but I feel for those who have nothing to do but wait.

saesae

Heard that the board might meet on the 19th of Feb, however the 19th is a holiday, so I am guessing it may possibly be bumped to the 20th or later. Not 100% sure but this is what I was told today.

Status
Not open for further replies.