• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

eh819

Pro-Rec NFO
My recruiter has been impossible to get a hold of, but I finally found out that I was pro-rec'd NFO! I couldn't do SNA because of my eyes, but I think NFO isn't too shabby.:)

I'm still waiting on the INTEL board next month. It'll be a tough decision if I get both.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
All my point was earlier is I have no option. I'm not a prior so I must be commissioned before my 27th birthday (August). OCS is 12 weeks and some people don't finish in exactly 12 weeks..which is why I was saying it's important for me to get a March/April OCS date. YMMV, some of you haven't even finished school yet.
What happens if you get hurt or rolled into H or if it takes you longer than 12 weeks? Do you get DQ'd?

swerdna

None
Contributor
On OU's note, do we even know if that rumor about fiscal year '09 slots being full had ANY merit to it???

I doubt it. I'm not sure how many people here are prior service, but one thing you'll learn quick is to ignore rumors. They'll be everywhere and you have to ignore them. It was so bad on my ship that I thought the attacks on 9/11/01 were a rumor...until I saw the TV.

ANYWAY, unless you have actually heard from CNETC that the slots are full, they aren't.

Gills

How come there was no INTEL board this month?

I have no clue. Maybe because they only select a handful of people, or maybe because they're INTEL...spies, sneaky :icon_smil. I hope its the latter and that I get selected in February!

DFSpence

My recruiter has been impossible to get a hold of, but I finally found out that I was pro-rec'd NFO! I couldn't do SNA because of my eyes, but I think NFO isn't too shabby.:)

I'm still waiting on the INTEL board next month. It'll be a tough decision if I get both.

Congrats. Good luck on Intel!

kashmir

SWO BDCP
Just found out I got Pro-Rec'd for SWO (BDCP). PHEWWWWW!!!

Congrats to all who made it!!!!!! I wish I could buy you all a beer, we need it!!

I wish the rest of you well getting selected!! Keep the faith!!!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I have no clue. Maybe because they only select a handful of people, or maybe because they're INTEL...spies, sneaky :icon_smil. I hope its the latter and that I get selected in February!
Haha, cool brother, me and you both. Here's to the both of us getting in next month then!

Cheers!

Charity

Final Select SNA
So, if you get a flight physical before OCS and are qualified, what if something happens and for some reason you're not qualified after OCS in Pensacola. I know it probably depends on what it is but what if it's vision? Does the first flight physical count for anything?

DFSpence

So, if you get a flight physical before OCS and are qualified, what if something happens and for some reason you're not qualified after OCS in Pensacola. I know it probably depends on what it is but what if it's vision? Does the first flight physical count for anything?

I would imagine that the most recent one is the physical they base their decisions on. Give Symington a call though to confirm.

weeze

OCS is in Rhode Island now, and if your vision got screwed up, probably not likley unless you got a pretty bad injury, you would probably go to your second or third job field selection.