• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Has anyone heard for SWO and INTEL yet? I called my recruiter and left a message as well as e-mailed my recruiter yesterday but still no word yet.

swerdna

None
Contributor
When did you find out? Did you call your recruiter or did he call you? Do you know if there were a lot of SWO applicants and non-selects?

Thanks for the info and congratulations on getting selected.

i called on friday. i think that there were many selectees, not sure of exact numbers.

Thanks...and good luck.

Gills

There were about 165 candidates on the SWO boards. about 50% select rate. INTEL meets next month.

DFSpence

Anybody get a final select yet?

Recruiter confirmed the 'two weeks to two months' wait time on the select letter yesterday. I just took my drug test and breathalyser yesterday so hopefully I will hear something by mid/early February.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yeah I would just wait on the final select. I'm 26 and I'll be 27 in August...so an early May OCS date would be the MAX for me. Good thing I'm FY'09 and they didn't get full before the January selection board.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Yeah I would just wait on the final select. I'm 26 and I'll be 27 in August...so an early May OCS date would be the MAX for me. Good thing I'm FY'09 and they didn't get full before the January selection board.

How do you know that you're FY09? If we were selected in JAN does that mean we go to OCS this same FY?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
This IS FY'09... OCT '08 to SEP '09 is FY '09. If you go to OCS in August you would be a FY'10 because you'd be commissioned in NOV '09. It's when you get commissioned that dictates what FY you are a part of.

Since I have to be commissioned before August 2009, I'm a FY'09 slot.

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
On OU's note, do we even know if that rumor about fiscal year '09 slots being full had ANY merit to it???

I just turned 26 so I'm fine as long as I commission by January, but I'd actually prefer a later OCS date. I have to pay debt down and not to mention spring and summer here in Boise is AWESOME. Either way I'm pro-rec so I'm stoked, but I'm trying to play the OCS date guessing game with everyone else.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
All my point was earlier is I have no option. I'm not a prior so I must be commissioned before my 27th birthday (August). OCS is 12 weeks and some people don't finish in exactly 12 weeks..which is why I was saying it's important for me to get a March/April OCS date. YMMV, some of you haven't even finished school yet.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Recruiter confirmed the 'two weeks to two months' wait time on the select letter yesterday. I just took my drug test and breathalyser yesterday so hopefully I will hear something by mid/early February.

Do you have to get a drug test and breathalyser before you can get a final select?