• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

pt6776

usnavytron ,
what number time will this be at CPO for you?

user-offline.png

mbraesicke

Ranger
My recruiter contacted the SNA program manager today who said that the cutoff was Dec 15 for the January boards, and anyone who submitted after that would be rolled to the March board, as the February boards is definitely cancelled. The PM said that the board was going to finish meeting their SNA quota for '10 in the January board, and start their selection for '11 SNAs in March. She said that Jan SNA selects will be the last to have OCS dates in June, and after the 3 or so months of OCS will be the last SNA class of '10. And March selects wont be ready for OCS until October, making them the first SNA class of '11. Had my package submitted the 18th. Heres to more waiting!!

jtmedli

pilot
My recruiter contacted the SNA program manager today who said that the cutoff was Dec 15 for the January boards, and anyone who submitted after that would be rolled to the March board, as the February boards is definitely cancelled. The PM said that the board was going to finish meeting their SNA quota for '10 in the January board, and start their selection for '11 SNAs in March. She said that Jan SNA selects will be the last to have OCS dates in June, and after the 3 or so months of OCS will be the last SNA class of '10. And March selects wont be ready for OCS until October, making them the first SNA class of '11. Had my package submitted the 18th. Heres to more waiting!!

While I'm sorry this happened to you...it's damn good news to me. Mine was in on the 15th and that equals good stuff for the guy with the the thumbs.

mbraesicke

Ranger
Well, my recruiter told me that its usually better in the long run to be on the board that is starting to fill the quota for the next year, as they tend to select more then. She told me that in Sept or Oct of last year they were starting the selection for '10, and a much higher percentage were selected than in July or August when the quota for '09 was almost filled. It makes sense, but i'm the kind of guy that will continue to stress about it until i get the FS regardless.

Triumph57

Sorry to hear about that, Mbraesicke, stay motivated. I know how bad the waiting feels. However, if this is good gouge, then it is great news for me as mine was in on the 14th. Talk about cutting it close. If that whole thing humanities / social sciences thing had taken longer I would be fuming right now.

SeaBoundRhino

I thought this was America
pilot
Do boards for SNA not meeting until March also apply to BDCP as well? Or is that different because BDCP goes off of a different FY. Thanks

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Well, my recruiter told me that its usually better in the long run to be on the board that is starting to fill the quota for the next year, as they tend to select more then.QUOTE]

This is the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned it will be the last one for FY 10, that there will be fewer selections this month:(. I don't know if they allot so many per month (distributed evenly throughout the FY) or how the magic that is the board is conducted. Here is to hoping all of us here on AW get some awesome news that will allow us to start the new year off just right. :)

nugget61

pilot

Man, I'm hopeful to be selected this month but it would suck to have to wait till +/- June to get to OCS... they're still filling the 02/14/10 class so here's hoping for fast FS letters and getting into that class, if it is the last one. I get the feeling that the info being handed down is the worst case scenario stuff and not what we are likely to see in reality however.

Do boards for SNA not meeting until March also apply to BDCP as well? Or is that different because BDCP goes off of a different FY. Thanks

BDCP applicants are screened by the same board as the DA candidates, however they come from different fiscal pools. BDCP uses the same FY. If SNA boards don't meet then I highly doubt they would meet just to select a handful of BDCP folks.

Last years results came out on the 23rd of january so i am hopeing this year does as well.

About that time would be great, but I wouldn't expect them until more like the 27th - we have a holiday weekend here and the board probably won't meet until this coming Tuesday (going by the fact that they released the at board list so late I expect a delayed start for the board).

mjulian

Lingerer
Well, my recruiter told me that its usually better in the long run to be on the board that is starting to fill the quota for the next year, as they tend to select more then.QUOTE]

This is the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned it will be the last one for FY 10, that there will be fewer selections this month:(. I don't know if they allot so many per month (distributed evenly throughout the FY) or how the magic that is the board is conducted. Here is to hoping all of us here on AW get some awesome news that will allow us to start the new year off just right. :)

Been quiet for a while b/c Ive been so busy with school. I didnt get PAO in November so now Im crossing my fingers for SNA in Jan. From what I understand, the boards pick a specific number each month based on current enrollment, drops, etc for the classes that remain in the FY. Right now spots should be limited, but from it seems there arent too many applicants for Jan based on this thread's activity level. I just hope the news comes sooner than later so I can relax a bit. I hate waiting!!!!!

Best of luck to everyone

usnavytron

I agree with you, everyone I have talked to in Millington says that’s this board is a big one but there is very little activity on here so who knows. As for the quotas it’s different every time. Here is to hopeing the results come out this week.