• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

David0619

Hey guys, awaiting a prorec from the pilot board. I know it is a rolling board but does anyone have any idea when they will convene? Also, stats below, seem competitive?

OAR 50 7,6,5
Business admin. 3.59 gpa
Colonel, chief of staff CO national guard, other strong letters,
Commercial pilot with 360 hours total time (50 hrs instrument), multi engine private, high altitude, complex, high performance endorsements.
Emergency room volunteer, work as a line service technician at airport.
Varsity athletics, one state championship

Connie

Hey guys, awaiting a prorec from the pilot board. I know it is a rolling board but does anyone have any idea when they will convene? Also, stats below, seem competitive?

OAR 50 7,6,5
Business admin. 3.59 gpa
Commercial pilot with 360 hours total time (50 hrs instrument), multi engine private, high altitude, complex, high performance endorsements.

I believe that my package was submitted Dec. 3rd and I just missed the December board. If the 120 day review period holds true, my package should be seen within the next 2 months. My recruiter seems to think a board will be meeting in early February but someone on another thread was told a board was not meeting in February but March. I'm hoping for February.

David0619

I talked to my or and the processor and both seem to think early Feb or middle Feb. I don't know what makes them think that though. What are your stats Connie?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, stats below, seem competitive?

OAR 50 7,6,5
Business admin. 3.59 gpa
Yes your stats appear to be competitive, depending of course, upon the stats of your competitors. Your GPA fine, OAR above average, ASTB average. Flight hours/experience a plus.:)

*Rolling selection boards are just that... unscheduled. They can meet on short notice, so if you haven't yet submitted, do so ASAP!:eek:

Could you elaborate on 'complex, high performance endorsements'? Like I envision you as having passed check rides in the F/A-18 or F-22!;)
BzB

David0619

Yes your stats appear to be competitive, depending of course, upon the stats of your competitors. Your GPA fine, OAR above average, ASTB average. Flight hours/experience a plus.:)

*Rolling selection boards are just that... unscheduled. They can meet on short notice, so if you haven't yet submitted, do so ASAP!:eek:

Could you elaborate on 'complex, high performance endorsements'? Like I envision you as having passed check rides in the F/A-18 or F-22!;)
BzB

High performance endorsement is required as a civi for aircraft over 200 hp ( still not even close to military hp), complex required for retractable gear, high altitude for over 20,000 I think ( I should know, I did know at one time for check ride).

Thanks!

bwalt88

Hey everyone. I'm getting anxiousabout results and can't seem to find a Board to follow for what I submitted for...

I am currently awaiting results back from 14Feb Boards for Navy Intel, IW, IP, and SWO.( those were my choices in order) I would love to see feedback about chances for people that have no experience in military.

I am 22, currently in my third semester of grad school for Global Affairs and Counterterrorism

Undergrad GPA: 3.4
Political Science Major and Criminal Justice Minor
Grad GPA: 4.0
Global Affairs and Counterterrorism
OAR: 46
No prior service

22 years old
Female
College Athlete, Captain all three years
Graduated in three years by taking 22 credits a semester
Traveled the world by myself
Captain in High School Varsity Softball and Basketball
Involved in college SGA, Spanish Club, among 3 other groups/boards

References from 2 retired Jag Officers and a 2 Star General Brigadier

Slightly confused on how selections take place regarding my order of choices.

Ultimyke

enthusing enthusiast
Is there such a thing as too much flight experience before joining the navy? I am going to school for aviation technology, and anticipate to graduate with a commercial license ~250 hrs, but an officer recruiter once told me that instructors at Pensacola don't like prior flight experience after 150 hours or so, because you pick up bad habits.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there such a thing as too much flight experience before joining the navy? I am going to school for aviation technology, and anticipate to graduate with a commercial license ~250 hrs, but an officer recruiter once told me that instructors at Pensacola don't like prior flight experience after 150 hours or so, because you pick up bad habits.
There are many conflicting opinions about the value of previous flight time, or the lack thereof, in an aviation applicant package. Having previous GA hrs/PPL/ratings, etc., does not give a significant edge, nor is it considered a negative. Once selected in primary, it may may assist in basic airwork, and help somewhat in basic instruments... as long as you can quickly adapt to NAVY PROCEDURES (some can, some not so much)!

On the plus side, a PPL will allow you to skip the local flight school program (IFS), and start right into API. Also should alleviate any concerns about airsickness.

On the flip side, have a little humility about your flight experience... if you're strutting around the Ready Room like a new Tom Cruise, you'll soon become.. er, unpopular with classmates (and IPs). You don't wannabe "that guy", let your airmanship/flight grades do the talkin' fer ya'!;)
BzB

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I found out today that I am Pro-Rec for IW. I'm very excited!

Congratulations Fronch... That makes 2 non AD that I know of thus far from the February Board... There were 14 (AD) IW's selected from the December 20th board and another 10 (AD) IW's selected from the February board... Again Congratulations and welcome to the "IW Select Community."