• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

etreddies31

So my recruiter informed me that my kit wasn't seen by the December pilot board because I wasn't physically cleared before the November deadline. He told me that my kit is now with the program manager for the pilot board and once they receive enough applicants, they will hold another board and my kit will then be reviewed. Can anyone confirm this information or tell me if there is anything else I need to do to make sure I am seen by the next board? Like I said, this is what I was told by my recruiter. However, in early October, my recruiter told me that I didn't need to be physically cleared before the board will review my kit. And well, here I am. Its not that I don't trust my recruiter, I just don't want any miscommunication cause the selection process to be pushed back any further.

On a similar note, I know the ASTB has been changed and people are no longer able to take versions 3, 4 and 5 of the test. I took version 3 of the ASTB. Because I wasn't seen by the December board, I shouldn't have to take the new ASTB in order to be seen by the next rolling board right?

Any information will help.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
So my recruiter informed me that my kit wasn't seen by the December pilot board because I wasn't physically cleared before the November deadline. He told me that my kit is now with the program manager for the pilot board and once they receive enough applicants, they will hold another board and my kit will then be reviewed. Can anyone confirm this information or tell me if there is anything else I need to do to make sure I am seen by the next board? Like I said, this is what I was told by my recruiter.

This was exactly what I was told today as well. Which NRD are you in?

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
I was supposed to be up for the November Supply Board, but it was postponed until January, so here I am!

I'm also up for the December Intel Board, but I've heard rumors that one was postponed until early '14 as well.

Good luck to everyone!

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
So my recruiter informed me that my kit wasn't seen by the December pilot board because I wasn't physically cleared before the November deadline. He told me that my kit is now with the program manager for the pilot board and once they receive enough applicants, they will hold another board and my kit will then be reviewed. Can anyone confirm this information or tell me if there is anything else I need to do to make sure I am seen by the next board? Like I said, this is what I was told by my recruiter. However, in early October, my recruiter told me that I didn't need to be physically cleared before the board will review my kit. And well, here I am. Its not that I don't trust my recruiter, I just don't want any miscommunication cause the selection process to be pushed back any further.

If it makes you feel any better, when I originally applied in 2012 the SF86, medical, etc was not required until after a pro rec-Y. As such, when I had my signed APSR turned in on 31Oct13 for the December board I thought all was well. A month later N3M says "we need x, y, z paperwork" and two weeks later I missed the board date by 24 hours..

My recruiter was great throughout the whole process, but I know how you feel man - hopefully we are all good for Feb/ Mar 2014.

headinclouds

On a similar note, I know the ASTB has been changed and people are no longer able to take versions 3, 4 and 5 of the test. I took version 3 of the ASTB. Because I wasn't seen by the December board, I shouldn't have to take the new ASTB in order to be seen by the next rolling board right?

I'm in the same boat. Sent up my kit, didn't make it in time for the last board. My OR explained the same thing to me, because the SNA/NFO boards have moved to a rolling status when they get enough kits they will start going through them.

As far as the ASTB goes, I took form 4 about 3 years ago and my scores are still valid. So I don't think you have to sweat taking the new test.

Here's to waiting for the next one. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, good luck!

reFLYluwasch

pilot

I was told the same - my kit was with the program manager and didn't get to the board in time. I don't doubt my recruiter's effort too; he's a straight shooter. I haven't been told to take any more tests but I'm sure NavyOffRec would be able to give a solid answer on the new ASTB. Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

scores are good for life.

AmericanJoe

I missed the deadline as well even though I began the process this Summer -- feels good to know I'm not the only one in this boat; anyone have any info on when a board might be held either from inside sources or how it usually trends?

Seems kind of unlikely to me that a board will be held in January after they took in so many in December -- hope I'm wrong though!

reFLYluwasch

pilot
According to Cah8t6's CNRC gouge on December Board Applicants, the longest we would have to wait is 120 days after your kit has been received. I'm hoping for a lot sooner than that though.