• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Is there more to do? Didn't everyone have to do a security packet and go through MEPS before selection?

Some NRDs/Recruiters send people through MEPS first, but others do not until after selection. I went after I was pro-rec'd in September.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I know CANTRAC has two dates for OCS classes in May. Don't quote me but it is something like May 6th and May 27..... All my stuff has been in and I know I was told I was PQ about 10 days ago. Can I bet on the 6th? ......... Who am I kidding I should just get off this forum until I get a Final Select......

exNavyOffRec

Is there more to do? Didn't everyone have to do a security packet and go through MEPS before selection?
The SF86 must be filled out but it doesn't have to be released to OPM prior to selection, MEPS doesn't have to be done until after selection either, in fact NRC frowns on people going to MEPS prior to selection.

Sonog

pilot
If N3M-PQ letter and security stuff (I already have Secret) were sent on friday, whats the expected wait for FS?

Isaac

I've been following recent posts about the March Board (which has been pushed back to April?) I am working oversees currently and have been trying to remain in constant contact with my OR but thank goodness for the airwarriors site/NavyOffRec

26/F NP
Intel/SWO/Supply
BA in International Studies, 3.59 GPA
MA in Middle Eastern Studies, 3.6 GPA
OAR 60
LORs from 3 past employers/supervisors, District Judge, City Councilman, O-5, O-6, and one O-7 LOR
5 years experience working/studying overseas
Several leadership positions

Already MEPS approved

So from my understanding Intel is probably not going to happen in April and SWO not any time soon?

mjv305

ENS SNA
For us AD folk, i know the FS letter will be mailed to our CO, but how do we get the orders to OCS? And, how long after the FS letter should we hope to receieve said orders?

Tomodachi

pilot
Our CO/XO/CCC that we put on PG.1 of our application will get the final select email. As far as orders go I do not know when they get cut.

Mccleskeyak

Hey Everyone, I have been following this disscussion for quite sometime now but never posted.
27/m
PRO Rec'd SNA/SNFO
BS In Business ADMIN 3.74GPA
APPL: 23DEC11
Pro Rec:1FEB12
FS: ??
OCS:??
10 Years Active, Currently active duty
I am just chomping at the bits to get my final select letter. I am on deployment and hoping for a FS here soon and orders shortly there after. I would really like to find out that I get to go home from deployment early to leave for OCS. I would hate to be away from my family for 7 months to turn around and leave again for another 3 months but I will do what ever it takes. If i have to be away from them for year I would do it. Any ideas of how much longer for the fleet guys to recieve a FS?

mjv305

ENS SNA
Hey Everyone, I have been following this disscussion for quite sometime now but never posted.
27/m
PRO Rec'd SNA/SNFO
BS In Business ADMIN 3.74GPA
APPL: 23DEC11
Pro Rec:1FEB12
FS: ??
OCS:??
10 Years Active, Currently active duty
I am just chomping at the bits to get my final select letter. I am on deployment and hoping for a FS here soon and orders shortly there after. I would really like to find out that I get to go home from deployment early to leave for OCS. I would hate to be away from my family for 7 months to turn around and leave again for another 3 months but I will do what ever it takes. If i have to be away from them for year I would do it. Any ideas of how much longer for the fleet guys to recieve a FS?

I was told 4 weeks. I talked to a couple other AD guys they said 4-6 weeks. NavyOffRec said if you PQ'd, have a clearance and have all the paperwork in and dont receive it in 2 weeks you should ask about it.

Mccleskeyak

I was told 4 weeks. I talked to a couple other AD guys they said 4-6 weeks. NavyOffRec said if you PQ'd, have a clearance and have all the paperwork in and dont receive it in 2 weeks you should ask about it.

two weeks from now or two weeks from when we were pro rec'd?

iJudgeee

I was told it could take a while for early Pro Rec's. Around 2 months. I think I have had everything done for a while so I would love to hear something different. I was also told it could take 8 - 12 weeks to hear back from the boards but I heard in a week and a half so I'm being a little more optimistic in this hurry up and wait society for some reason ha ha.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I checked in with the Fleet Processors and they said they had no idea when the FS paperwork was going to come back. I was PQ'd a couple weeks ago and I know my command is actively involved in getting me out the door so they can get a suitable replacement ASAP for deployment. It sounded like they might have a date penciled in but couldn't let me know about it until it is finalized.

Hopefully we hear back soon but I figured I would give an update so all the other AD guys know what's going on. The said they didn't really have the dates this time around and that they are sending the FS letters to the approving authority with XX's for the date.