• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

LLLLL

I got urgent word yesterday that I needed to do some stuff to further process my pro rec and FS. I got it taken care of but the processor won't see it until Monday. I'm hoping that the FS letter comes shortly thereafter but I honestly cannot say when it will come. Has anyone actually received an FS letter?

I spoke to the ocs helpdesk yesterday. My package was with the people checking the medical. FC1 said no news is good news and it would be 3-4 weeks untill we hear back. Would be nice to hear sooner but the two guys there have been VERY accurate with their info so far. I only spoke to them because I had to correct an issue with my medical.... Hope that calms the nerves..

JKid

Turns out my packet got hung up in processing. Not sure why, but I missed the Jan. board because of it. It will for sure be sent out for the April 16 boards though.

...more waiting.

At times I swear the Navy's motto shouldn't be "Honor, Courage, Commitment", but rather "Hurry Up and Wait".

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
At times I swear the Navy's motto shouldn't be "Honor, Courage, Commitment", but rather "Hurry Up and Wait".

Hurry up and wait is certainly an unofficial motto..... You need to spice things up for image of course!

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
Sent request meps form to OR who is on paternity leave. How long does it take to get in for meps usually. Hoping for next week.

exNavyOffRec

Sent request meps form to OR who is on paternity leave. How long does it take to get in for meps usually. Hoping for next week.
If there are no med issues then 24 hours, but the OR has to get them to MEPS, so hopefully someone is covering.

exNavyOffRec

Here are some of the stats from the Supply board 39 of 194 were picked up for an overall selection rate of 20%, this is nearly 3 times the normal selection rate.

In breaking down the stats of the active duty applicants the selection rate was 14% and it was 22% for civilians/reservist.

Tomodachi

pilot
I spoke to the ocs helpdesk yesterday. My package was with the people checking the medical. FC1 said no news is good news and it would be 3-4 weeks untill we hear back. Would be nice to hear sooner but the two guys there have been VERY accurate with their info so far. I only spoke to them because I had to correct an issue with my medical.... Hope that calms the nerves..

What issue did you have with medical? My DD 2807-1 was out of date (2007 version) when there is a 2011 version now and I had the incorrect test results for depth perception (RANDOT) annotated on the DD2808. I had to re-do those forms and I have an appt on monday to get it signed by my doctor.

I put on my questionnaire that prior to entering the military I was told by a doctor I had a slight heart murmur. However, when conducting the commissioning physical my doctor couldn't hear a murmur and also the flight surgeon could not hear a murmur and they annotated on the paperwork saying that. However, seems like I need to get a waiver for this, pending the paperwork I need to fix and send in.

LLLLL

What issue did you have with medical? My DD 2807-1 was out of date (2007 version) when there is a 2011 version now and I had the incorrect test results for depth perception (RANDOT) annotated on the DD2808. I had to re-do those forms and I have an appt on monday to get it signed by my doctor.

I put on my questionnaire that prior to entering the military I was told by a doctor I had a slight heart murmur. However, when conducting the commissioning physical my doctor couldn't hear a murmur and also the flight surgeon could not hear a murmur and they annotated on the paperwork saying that. However, seems like I need to get a waiver for this, pending the paperwork I need to fix and send in.
Had a color vision issue. Then the doc decided not to read the instructions on the form and incorrected labeled me as color blind. Luckily I noticed and she rewrote her notes, but not untill after her initial reading was sent in. Repassed the PIP and passed the FALANT so all should be good now. All in all I think I got it sorted out so i guess we will see.

MGoBrew11

pilot
As long as your recruiter and processor keep NRC updated as to why more time is needed you should be ok.

Many MEPS docs will not see a person until the 6 months is up, so this is "normal"

Thank you very much sir. Great information. I trusted what my recruiter told me as he has done an excellent job thus far and has not been wrong yet. However, it is always nice to hear a little bit of reassurance.

Zhao

Sir, please send me more advices what can make my package stronger. If I want to use the Credits earned in US lift my GPA higher? Who should I talk to? The Navy College Center in the base or the NC ?
Thank you so much.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
You shall submit all transcripts of the post graduate schools attended. The processors should calculate an overall cumulative GPA of all courses taken. So if you have courses that were not included in the GPA you spoke of in previous posts they should be included in your package. If not you should take more classes at the masters level and strive to get as close to 4.0 to raise the average. Unfortunately, you have so many credits your GPA will be hard to raise with just a few classes. I hope this helps! Good luck!