• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Zhao

yes, my wife is a US citizen. But my parents are still live in China, they already retired.

Zhao

There is a new IW female Ensign on my ship, got her degree in Japan, and her parents are not US citizen.

exNavyOffRec

There is a new IW female Ensign on my ship, got her degree in Japan, and her parents are not US citizen.
The specific country has an effect, I had a young man not get a clearance since his dad was a chinese national, since you are active duty you should try and get your clearance.

What was your GPA?

Zhao

2.44. I know my GPA is low in US, but the ECE and a US professor already wrote a Offical Letter in my package to explain why my GPA is low after transfer to US education stand. It is becase the Education System is different and if the student get a A on the class that means the professor admit the student have the same level knowledge with the professor in that field.

exNavyOffRec

2.44. I know my GPA is low in US, but the ECE and a US professor already wrote a Offical Letter in my package to explain why my GPA is low after transfer to US education stand. It is becase the Education System is different and if the student get a A on the class that means the professor admit the student have the same level knowledge with the professor in that field.
Unfortunately the board members may not even get to the letter, the GPA is just above the program authorization for Intel and IW. I would recommend working towards a Masters in something.

The GPA doesn't meet the PA for supply so your application would not be forwarded to the board.

Zhao

I have 30 credits left for my next Master degree on human resource. I am 29 already, that is why I want to put my package in now, just like what my CO told me, "don't try it, never know it". The offical letters are within my degree eval reports. I hope they will consider it:)

exNavyOffRec

I have 30 credits left for my next Master degree on human resource. I am 29 already, that is why I want to put my package in now, just like what my CO told me, "don't try it, never know it". The offical letters are within my degree eval reports. I hope they will consider it:)
The max age for IW and Supply is 35 since you are on active duty, max age for Intel is 42.

The minimum GPA is a go/no go, if it is below it goes nowhere.

Zhao

I am 29 now, so the age should be good. The only age waiver I need is for Supply, and the Supply Community Manager already approved my waiver. Well, about the GPA, I really don't know. The website said the min GPA is 2.0. Be honest, I am a good student;)

Zhao

Some people on my ship and in my base said, how many chance I will get is depend on the Navy will trust me or not. A lot officers in the Navy whos parents are not US citizen, but they still did a very good job. My strong point is I really took a lot more classes then other people with BS/BA degrees. And the people said it is very hard to find another guy like me who can handle those defence foreign languages, and I don't need the Navy pay me to study those already. So, God bless:)

Zhao

Yes, I read this PA before, and right after that, I email the OCS question answer email, they told me email to the Supply Community Manager, and the CDR reply my email said my age waiver already be approved, just keep his email in my package, I will be good on Supply Board.

exNavyOffRec

Some people on my ship and in my base said, how many chance I will get is depend on the Navy will trust me or not. A lot officers in the Navy whos parents are not US citizen, but they still did a very good job. My strong point is I really took a lot more classes then other people with BS/BA degrees. And the people said it is very hard to find another guy like me who can handle those defence foreign languages, and I don't need the Navy pay me to study those already. So, God bless:)
The foreign language part really doesn't matter, not a single IW/IP/Intel selection I have had spoke any foreign languages, what they did have was a technical degree and high GPA.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, I read this PA before, and right after that, I email the OCS question answer email, they told me email to the Supply Community Manager, and the CDR reply my email said my age waiver already be approved, just keep his email in my package, I will be good on Supply Board.
you don't get it, your GPA doesn't meet the PA, if it doesn't meet the PA the NRC processors cannot forward it on.