• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

Shellz

NavyOffRec, if you could check for me, Michelle Coleman, New Orleans NRD, Supply. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

The Pilot board did in fact start to meet today, they should be done end of this week, results should be out by Friday Feb 10th depending how long it takes for the data to be compiled.

Supply did not start today, probably Wednesday, same as above, they are hoping to be able to pick 10 percent of those at board.

Sonog

pilot
The Pilot board did in fact start to meet today, they should be done end of this week, results should be out by Friday Feb 10th depending how long it takes for the data to be compiled.

Supply did not start today, probably Wednesday, same as above, they are hoping to be able to pick 10 percent of those at board.

Sir, thanks for all of your help, I am sure you are going to be a clutch source of intel for the next couple of weeks. We're lucky to have you posting here.

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
Sonog, I second that. NavyOffRec has been a huge help. I've been going through all his posts through his profile; they're full of information.

NavyOffRec, I have some questions: What exactly is the board process? How much time/consideration is given per applicant? How many board members will there be for the pilot board and who are the members exactly? I assumed the board only met one day, but from your post above, I see they meet over several days. Interested to know more about the process.

Worked my first shift tonight as a bartender. Great distraction from the waiting game. You'd think Monday nights would be slow...

V/R

Tomodachi

pilot
Ashfrank- I highly doubt NavyOffRec will post the exact names of those board members, who I imagine are senior/flag officers. I'm sure they would be pretty pist off if that happened. Not to mention they do not need phone calls or emails from hundreds of applicants trying to get a commission.

A bar busy on a monday night? Sounds about right...

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
Ashfrank- I highly doubt NavyOffRec will post the exact names of those board members, who I imagine are senior/flag officers.

It's my understanding that the board members are usually Senior Officers but I have never heard of any being Flag Officers. That is not to say that it doesn't happen of course. Good luck with the wait everyone!

I was getting good at it but now that the board has started I am very anxious!

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
Ashfrank- I highly doubt NavyOffRec will post the exact names of those board members, who I imagine are senior/flag officers. I'm sure they would be pretty pist off if that happened. Not to mention they do not need phone calls or emails from hundreds of applicants trying to get a commission.

A bar busy on a monday night? Sounds about right...

No, no I just meant the general exactly who. Kinda like jumbo shrimp. Anyway, you answered my question. Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

The board chair is an O-6, there are usually 2 other members, I believe it is common for them to be senior O-3 to O-5, like any other board they probably do a quick once over for significant negative info to reduce the field, then get more in depth.

The do not have to be Pilots/NFO/SWO, in the last board the chair was an HR officer, we know the names of at least the senior board member after the fact, never before.

mjv305

ENS SNA
Just curious as to what would constitute as negative info? I have a slightly low GPA, is that negative info that would result in them "reducing the field"?

CBR11

There are posters on AW who have gotten pro-rec'd with 2.6-2.7 GPAs (albeit with high ASTBs) so I don't think that would constitute "significant negative info." Maybe a low GPA coupled with a low ASTB would be significant enough? I was thinking that an instant red flag would be something like a DUI or police record.

exNavyOffRec

anything over a speeding ticket is negative info, the more severe the offense the more negative it is and the easier it is for them to say no, GPA comes into play later, but the closer to the minimum it is the more negative it is, I have talked to a few other OR's that had applicants with low GPA's (2.7 was the lowest so far) that did get picked up but they had 9's and OAR's in the 70's.