• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
Open is all that is required.

Slight related yet unrelated, does the background check involved in purchasing a firearm (I've just been wanting one for a while), or obtaining a passport somehow interfere with the security investigation? I've been putting both off for a long time because of that.

exNavyOffRec

Slight related yet unrelated, does the background check involved in purchasing a firearm (I've just been wanting one for a while), or obtaining a passport somehow interfere with the security investigation? I've been putting both off for a long time because of that.

nope, I have had to maintain a clearance and have many firearms and had a passport.

neppler

In 10 miles, turn left on V198...recalculating...
None
nope, I have had to maintain a clearance and have many firearms and had a passport.

Oh excellent, thank you. My recruiter told me not to get either one, but I'm also the first person he's sent through this process. Guess I need to get to the gun shop and apply for a passport. Thanks for the information!

JKid

NavyOffRec...My MEPS paperwork was sent to MEPS by my OR on 06 Mar for review and to set up a physical. N3M came back to my OR today and said that I am NPQ "based on a courtesy review of available medical information." Given that N3M declared me NPQ at this point, is there hope for any recourse, or am I SOL?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec...My MEPS paperwork was sent to MEPS by my OR on 06 Mar for review and to set up a physical. N3M came back to my OR today and said that I am NPQ "based on a courtesy review of available medical information." Given that N3M declared me NPQ at this point, is there hope for any recourse, or am I SOL?

I have seen some with further documentation get the ok from N3M but if this is for your previously mentioned shoulder issue then something that the doc wrote or the type of repair that was done is not waiverable.

In general N3M tries to give the BOD on courtesy reviews so if they didn't ask for further review I would be concerned and say the chance of getting this overturned is low, in addition the time it would take you would probably lose the selection spot.

JKid

I have seen some with further documentation get the ok from N3M but if this is for your previously mentioned shoulder issue then something that the doc wrote or the type of repair that was done is not waiverable.

In general N3M tries to give the BOD on courtesy reviews so if they didn't ask for further review I would be concerned and say the chance of getting this overturned is low, in addition the time it would take you would probably lose the selection spot.

It's for an eye issue that, come to think of it, only had 3 1/2 pages of medical documentation available. If it's simply a lack of available information, would a physical examine and second opinion from a DOD ophthamologist be an option to help overturn the NPQ status? Have you ever heard of a situation where that's been the case?

exNavyOffRec

It's for an eye issue that, come to think of it, only had 3 1/2 pages of medical documentation available. If it's simply a lack of available information, would a physical examine and second opinion from a DOD ophthamologist be an option to help overturn the NPQ status? Have you ever heard of a situation where that's been the case?

PM me and let me know what the eye issue is, I have had several get NPQ for eye issues, not a one was ever overturned.

canav08

Final Select SNA OCS 08 July 12
Paranoid question, sorry in advance:

I cleared MEPS on 7 March and signed the final paper work to get the background stuff going on 8 March. At that time my OR told me to expect "about 2wks until your letter comes back and you can swear in". Its now been just over 3wks and still no FS.

I know this is nothing to even blink an eye at, historically speaking, its taken much longer but the consensus recently seems to be a turnaround of 2wks or so. Should I be concerned yet and give my OR a quick call or wait it out a bit longer? I don't want to be a pain and it seems last weeks exercises might have slowed things down a bit.

Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

I cleared MEPS on 7 March and signed the final paper work to get the background stuff going on 8 March. At that time my OR told me to expect "about 2wks until your letter comes back and you can swear in". Its now been just over 3wks and still no FS.

I know this is nothing to even blink an eye at, historically speaking, its taken much longer but the consensus recently seems to be a turnaround of 2wks or so. Should I be concerned yet and give my OR a quick call or wait it out a bit longer? I don't want to be a pain and it seems last weeks exercises might have slowed things down a bit.

Thanks!
I am on my phone so I will keep this brief . Normally it takes a week after meps for the doc to sign and give the break the final paperwork due to blood test it then take navy medicine 1 to 2 weeks to issue a letter then that is given to nrc and they take 2 to 3 weeks. Sometimes everything goes quick sometimes it doesnt

natheo

FS SNA, July 8

Thanks!

I'm in the exact same situation. Unless my recruiter tells me otherwise, all I can do is wait.