• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

robles

Only wanted to jump in here:

Applying for: SWO/NFO/Intel/IW/IP (would be for supply as well, but they're only taking MBAs, from what I've heard)
Mathematics major
GPA: 3.54
ASTB OAR 57, 6, 6, 7
Non-active duty

Waiting on the upcoming boards!

Is that really what you heard about Supply? I believe my packet was all sent for Supply for this March board. I am only still working on my MBA, have not achieved the degree yet. Hope that is still considered.

Adam Rowan

Is that really what you heard about Supply? I believe my packet was all sent for Supply for this March board. I am only still working on my MBA, have not achieved the degree yet. Hope that is still considered.

Well, I would imagine where you're working on one they would select you. I heard that if you don't already have an MBA or are already working on one that they don't really want you right now. Could be heresay, however.

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
Well, I would imagine where you're working on one they would select you. I heard that if you don't already have an MBA or are already working on one that they don't really want you right now. Could be heresay, however.

I have made no progress towards obtaining an MBA. I was just selected for Supply on the January board. If you want to be a Supply Officer, apply for it.

exNavyOffRec

Only wanted to jump in here:

Applying for: SWO/NFO/Intel/IW/IP (would be for supply as well, but they're only taking MBAs, from what I've heard)
Mathematics major
GPA: 3.54
ASTB OAR 57, 6, 6, 7
Non-active duty

Waiting on the upcoming boards!

Supply doesn't need a MBA, every one of my Supply select the past several years have had either BA or BS, nothing more.
IP probably won't have any selections, they shipped 150% of FY 12 goal and unless they pick for FY13 no selects and we don't have FY13 goals yet.
NRC is still recommending no Intel selects for April board.
NFO "may" pick some more for FY13 depending on how many have signed.
IW looks ok, numbers to be picked still up in the air, total applicants unknown, you have good GPA and good degree for it.

dhtrumpet

If you are waiting to act on your orders until you hear back about board results, and if there are no Intel selections in April, does that mean that you "heard back" in April and it is a no [so act on your orders] or that you would wait until the next board where at least one person is actually selected for Intel?

exNavyOffRec

If you are waiting to act on your orders until you hear back about board results, and if there are no Intel selections in April, does that mean that you "heard back" in April and it is a no [so act on your orders] or that you would wait until the next board where at least one person is actually selected for Intel?

What they normally do is pro rec no everyone for the Intel part, but don't act on anything until the board result list comes out.

exNavyOffRec

I am a little confused

so they might pro rec someone? But likely they won't?

pro rec no, basically they turn everyone down, since the board is an IDC board so if at least one designator has selections it will meet, but they can turn down everyone on designators that are closed. This happened once before, when NFO was closed, they held the boards and selected pilots but everyone that put in for NFO rec'd a Pro No.

IT2(SW/AW)CWO

Final Select Supply
Most of the Jan supply selections are for FY 13 they can't send out FS letters until they have FY13 OCS class dates firmed up, which they don't.
Roger that NavyOffRec, just standing by for now. If you hear any progress please let me know Sir, thanks much!

sirprimal11

Non-prior service applying for Supply with kit in for March 19 Board
24/M
Georgia Institute of Technology
BS in Industrial Engineering
GPA: 2.67
OAR: 69
Collegiate Athlete
LORs from Retired SEAL, College Coach, Superior Court Judge, Current O-3
MEPS approved

Airwarriors has been a great source of information for me throughout the application process. Looking forward to the next month or so when hopefully there will be a lot of good news!

robles

Non-prior service applying for Supply with kit in for March 19 Board
24/M
Georgia Institute of Technology
BS in Industrial Engineering
GPA: 2.67
OAR: 69
Collegiate Athlete
LORs from Retired SEAL, College Coach, Superior Court Judge, Current O-3
MEPS approved

Airwarriors has been a great source of information for me throughout the application process. Looking forward to the next month or so when hopefully there will be a lot of good news!

Good luck! I was submitted for the same. Hoping and praying to hear good news as well.

tptwomey

Pro-rec'd SNA Feb 2, 2012
I have a question regarding the 30 day period between receiving a Pro Rec and being medically qualified. My recruiter notified me about my selection for SNA on February 9. He then notified me that I needed additional medical history from two orthopedic surgeries from my past. I scheduled appointments and saw my ortho doctor as soon as possible to get a follow up appt. for both surgeries. I had them send the write-ups to my recruiter and awaited a MEPS date. I went to MEPS February 27 and was told I was medically qualified and they would send the information to my recruiter by that thursday. I found out yesterday that I didn't score high enough on the depth perception test so I went to an optometrist immediately to retake the test. I scored perfectly and had the optometrist send the write up to my recruiter. I guess the recruiter has to send something the N3M now but since it is so close to the 30 day deadline I am wondering if I should try and get an extension? Any advice is appreciated.

jakerx

Pro-Rec'd SNA & NFO Jan. 2012
...but since it is so close to the 30 day deadline I am wondering if I should try and get an extension? Any advice is appreciated.
The civilian processor at my NRD requested 30-day extensions for all of our pro-rec'd individuals just in case (apparently OPM is having computer problems and can't seem to access our NASIS/JPAS info even though the Navy has records of everything). I believe they've started on an alternative review to fix the problem.

Anyway, back to your original question, you'll need a 30-day extension most likely, and if one hasn't been requested by your recruiter/civilian processor, you may want to inquire about it.

For what it's worth, this is just what I've been told as I've understood it, and may not be completely accurate. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm PQ'd by N3M but have yet to hear back on the JPAS.

stone2012

Final Select in hand! OCS 15 APR 2012.

Non prior, so I would guess that the rest of the Jan selects should be receiving FS letters soon!
You were on the Jan 25 board correct? When did you pass meps? Im still waiting for my FS, I was at meps Feb 10.