• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan/Feb/Mar Boards

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Just wanted to jump in,

I am a Pro-Select SNA
Criminology Major (thats right, criminology, I distictly remember someone sayig:
"Whats the point of being a Criminology major and applying for a Pilot Slot?" lol )
GPA 3.30
ATSB 6/7/6 OAR 52
30 Hours Flight Training
LOR from NAVY JAG Capt.
Tons of Prayer, Thank you Jesus! (and my wife for encouraging me to dream on and
never stop fighting)

Keep at it nonselects, it was my second time around and I was able to get
4 wavers:
Re-enrollment into officer program (USNA Academic board, got seperated in a Aerospace Eng Major and my dreams were
crushed in 2004), dependents ( I have 2 boys), marijuana use (in highschool) and an age waver (28).

So miracles still do happen fellas, and the 75% selection rate helped too. :)

28? Did your USNA time count as prior service even though you were seperated? Do tell.

exNavyOffRec

I called my OR today, absolutely nothing, I felt bad bugging him about it. I just wanted to know if he had an updated time table, but I knew that the two weeks was an estimate that he had given me. Had to ask a question about visiting another country anyhow.
I hope he told you if you are going to visit a foreign country to do it before you sign the papers.

exNavyOffRec

After you get FS and swear in, no leaving the country?

you have to jump through hoops, complete various training on anti terrorism, etc... I argued that since DA are not paid and IRR after signing that they don't have to do that, NRC disagreed and I had my hand slapped for letting one of my people go out of the country.

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I hope he told you if you are going to visit a foreign country to do it before you sign the papers.

I spent 10 days in S. Korea while I was in DEP. I asked him if it was going to be an issue after signing the final select paperwork and he actually recommended that I waited until afterwords to purchase the tickets so I don't lose out due to an OCS date. It seems things are different on this side.

It's not a necessity, just an opportunity. I wouldn't do it if it jeopardized anything.

EDIT:

you have to jump through hoops, complete various training on anti terrorism, etc... I argued that since DA are not paid and IRR after signing that they don't have to do that, NRC disagreed and I had my hand slapped for letting one of my people go out of the country.

The only caveat I had when I left is that my recruiter wanted me to check in via text message on Mondays, otherwise it seemed it wasn't an issue. They did make sure that I was only going to S. Korea. This was for an enlistment contract, though.

exNavyOffRec

I spent 10 days in S. Korea while I was in DEP. I asked him if it was going to be an issue after signing the final select paperwork and he actually recommended that I waited until afterwords to purchase the tickets so I don't lose out due to an OCS date. It seems things are different on this side.

It's not a necessity, just an opportunity. I wouldn't do it if it jeopardized anything.

EDIT:

The only caveat I had when I left is that my recruiter wanted me to check in via text message on Mondays, otherwise it seemed it wasn't an issue. They did make sure that I was only going to S. Korea. This was for an enlistment contract, though.

Everyone going to OCS signs an enlistment contract, not sure why your recruiter told you to wait until after since you just have to sign the FS paperwork at least 30 days prior to OCS, NRC told us if a person wants to travel out of the country to have them do it before signing the paperwork.

I was stationed with a guy who went out of the country without completing the required training, he was sent to NJP and fined.

mjv305

ENS SNA
got the call. FS letter signed and e-mailed to CO today. Orders to March 25th OCS should be available Monday.

MoisesM

BeachBound
NavyOffRec,

Sir I just recieved word that my packet should be submitted tomorrow for Intel, and Supply w/ age waiver. How is it looking and what are the dates you have?

32/M Prior 6yrs ANG Reservist
5/5/5/48
BA Criminal Justice 3.51 GPA
AA Pre-Law 3.81 GPA
LOR'S (1) O-10 Comabatant General (1) O-4 Commander (1) O-3 Retired/ Professor (1) O-3 Navy Res./ Deputy Sheriif (1) Deputy Sheriff SGT

mjv305

ENS SNA
Question.. My 4 year mark is June 12th. I will graduate (hopefully) June 16th from OCS. Would i automatically be an 01E when i finish since i will have over 4 years in?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Sir I just recieved word that my packet should be submitted tomorrow for Intel, and Supply w/ age waiver. How is it looking and what are the dates you have?

32/M Prior 6yrs ANG Reservist
5/5/5/48
BA Criminal Justice 3.51 GPA
AA Pre-Law 3.81 GPA
LOR'S (1) O-10 Comabatant General (1) O-4 Commander (1) O-3 Retired/ Professor (1) O-3 Navy Res./ Deputy Sheriif (1) Deputy Sheriff SGT

Well.... NRC is recommending no selections at the next board, the max age for supply is 31 with a waiver, and the deadline was Monday.