• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
How long does it take once you go to MEPS to get your PQ if everything goes well?

Looks like I'm getting into MEPS on JAN 28 and my recruiter is pushing a FEB 6 deadline for me to submit, says it's going to be close whether or not I make it.

The only thing the OR needs to wait for is the drug results from your urine after MEPS. So typically one to three days.

DIVO

The only thing the OR needs to wait for is the drug results from your urine after MEPS. So typically one to three days.

That is for the physical to be complete - then the Processor will submit the physical to N3M. They look at it and produce the PQ letter. That usually takes a couple of days unless it is a large medical record then it takes longer. Then the Processor must upload that PQ letter with your kit. So just make sure your OR is on top of it. The lab results on your MEPS physical is the start of the PQ process.

halfbreed83

What if I get selected for NFO and hit my 31 birthday while in OCS (prior AD age waiver), would I have to complete OCS prior to my 31 birthday or the month of my birthday?

AmericanJoe

The PM will not allow kits to the board with a PQ letter - it holds up the process. In addition, they are being EXTREMELY strict (so says a PM) on the time following PROREC to enlistment.

I'm sure I'm being dense here, but what are they being strict about between PROREC and enlistment?

Josh3714

Okay. I'm almost finished with my OPNAV 1420/1 form for OCS, and I have a few questions that no one at work can seem to answer. On block 18, where do you input the ASTB data? I see the spot for OAR and P/FOFAR, but where does the AQR score go? AQT? Are PDF pages 11, 12, and 13 only for LDO or other type candidates? I am reading through the instruction, and it gives no guidance for those pages. PDF pages 11 and 12 are for high school transcripts and 13 is for ordering your college ones. If you already have the college transcripts attached, do you really need to fill these pages out?

Side note: I have one board set up this week with the CO from a VFA command, and one next week with the Deputy Commodore. Hopefully both of these go smoothly.

Hey man, did you find the answers for these questions? I looked at one of my LT's old packets and he put his AQR score where it says AQT so that's what I am doing. Also at the top of the page, it says the high school transcripts aren't required for OCS. I am not sure about the transcripts though...still trying to figure that out myself.

Last edited:

Kees

SNA Select
The PM will not allow kits to the board with a PQ letter - it holds up the process. In addition, they are being EXTREMELY strict (so says a PM) on the time following PROREC to enlistment.

DIVO,

I just wanted to verify: Did you mean the PM will not allow a kit to a board WITHOUT a PQ letter? I thought PQ letters were a requirement. Thanks in advance for the clarification; just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

brogdawg32

Alright, he was saying it could take up to 1.5-2 weeks to get the PQ after attending. Hopefully I get mine faster than that and hit the deadline for this rumored Feb 9th board

cmd44

Pro-Rec Y SNA/NFO 3/6/14
Alright, he was saying it could take up to 1.5-2 weeks to get the PQ after attending. Hopefully I get mine faster than that and hit the deadline for this rumored Feb 9th board

Where'd you hear Feb 9th? You realize that's a Sunday right?

brogdawg32

Where'd you hear Feb 9th? You realize that's a Sunday right?
Maybe he meant the 10th or I misheard? He just kept saying he *heard* that he needs to have my packet in by the 6th, otherwise I'll miss this board and have to wait till the next. That part was abundantly clear and repeated a few times, that's the rumor he's hearing right now.

If I don't get my application in by the 6th, he's calling a meeting with the new recruiter who's taking over my application (my current recruiter is being transferred on the 19th) so we can sit down and make sure the new OR is up to speed on my application.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
It doesn't sound like anything is solidified at all and we will all know once any real decisions have been made. Maybe early February is just a guess by certain recruiters based on rumors about the number of applications received thus far? But who really knows. NavyOffRec have you heard anything on this, would love to get your input...

Surf

pilot
Be wary of anyone who throws out solid dates especially for a rolling board. During last years July board we were having the same debate over when the board would release results, when a troll posted he had got "his" results that day. Everyone almost immediately called up their OR's asking if they had results (including me). Needless to say many OR's got phone calls that day because of the rumor mill, and a successful troll. Bottom line, divest yourself from the rumors and you'll save yourself a lot of frustration.

Alex