• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
I did some searching on the forum indicating that a PQ from MEPS is not necessary to submit your application to the board. However, my OR told me that it is required. Is this because I need the LASIK waiver? Just confused about what appears to be conflicting information.

I'm assuming that your trying to go either SNA or SNFO and as far as I know it is required to be PQ'd from MEPS prior to applying.

And (as I understand it) this changed about a year ago, so this is a very fair question. When I applied in April 2012 you did not even have to go to MEPS prior to the packet going to board. Now you have to be "PQ" (for SNA obviously) before you can even submit.

Good luck knocking out the medical quickly, my advice to folks would be don't try to wait and game the system - you never know what little things will pop up that take time to iron out..

AmericanJoe

Spoke with my recruiter today, he said any claim of boards in February as opposed to March are all rumors. That it still hasn't been determined but he thinks March is more likely.

Looks like the OR's with applicants whose packets just barely missed the December board and are "ready to go" seem confident that a Feb board will happen and those with applicant packets that still aren't ready are saying it will be a March-April board.

LOL, sure! Guess we'll know soon enough.

TnSig

SNA
Side note: Everything I've read is that the navy does not accept waivers for LASIK surgery because it has a tendency to not be permanent as PRK.

This is no longer the case. Intralase/iLASIK is accepted (and is even now the preferred method for vision correction according to my surgeon and OR) and I was pro-rec Y for SNA.

Josh3714

Those were the solid board dates, but after that schedule was posted, they switched to rolling boards. I've been hearing Feb. board as well, then April will most likely be the next baord. But I'm pretty sure Feb. isn't a rumor per my processor. (My recruiter is about to deploy soon so I have stayed in touch with my processor mostly.)

Well hopefully I can get my packet in on time. If not, April will do.
This is no longer the case. Intralase/iLASIK is accepted (and is even now the preferred method for vision correction according to my surgeon and OR) and I was pro-rec Y for SNA.

When were you Pro-rec Y and what were your stats?

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Looks like the OR's with applicants whose packets just barely missed the December board and are "ready to go" seem confident that a Feb board will happen and those with applicant packets that still aren't ready are saying it will be a March-April board.

LOL, sure! Guess we'll know soon enough.

Certainly looks that way doesn't it? Hah

halfbreed83

ITs a rolling board, so that means when ever they have enough packages together they convene. They did have set dates but changed it to a rolling board around Sept-Oct last year.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
My OR told me applicant should hear back from the board within 4 month. All I know for sure is that this waiting game is just as intense waiting for a college acceptance letter.

brogdawg32

How long does it take once you go to MEPS to get your PQ if everything goes well?

Looks like I'm getting into MEPS on JAN 28 and my recruiter is pushing a FEB 6 deadline for me to submit, says it's going to be close whether or not I make it.

DIVO

Here's the deal - NRC does not know when they will hold the next board. PM's said HE has not even heard FEB. The way the rolling boards work (Pilot/NFO/SWO) is a in house decision based on how many apps they have and if there is sufficent time to hold a board. PM suggested March, as they just held one in DEC. They also give 70 days for people to accept - meaning if you are not submitting your applications with EVERYTHING done (JPAS/MEDICAL) then it is possible for you to be selected, but then issued a non-select letter if it is taking too long for all requirements to be completed. And accept means enlistment docs are done and turned in.

SWO boards are still occuring - although it caused quite a chuckle when I asked him about this rumor.

So best you can do - get it all done ASAP and wait. While waiting - prepare for OCS and stay out of trouble.

DIVO

The PM will not allow kits to the board with a PQ letter - it holds up the process. In addition, they are being EXTREMELY strict (so says a PM) on the time following PROREC to enlistment.

DIVO,
Thank you for your info. I have a question:

I am set to go to RTC as enlisted on June 11th. My OR has my date available for OCS set as June 01. Is this preferable or should my date be set for ASAP? Thanks in advance.

DIVO

I would do ASAP - FY14 only counts if you ship before the last class in JUNE - if there isn't a good reason, make yourself available to go when they need you. The other thing - is you shouldn't be able to ship until you know the results. If you decide to ship prior to board results, you need to write a letter stating you understand you are shipping prior to results. Once you go to RTC, they cannot pull you out for a chance to go to OCS.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
How long does it take once you go to MEPS to get your PQ if everything goes well?

Looks like I'm getting into MEPS on JAN 28 and my recruiter is pushing a FEB 6 deadline for me to submit, says it's going to be close whether or not I make it.

The only thing the OR needs to wait for is the drug results from your urine after MEPS. So typically one to three days.