• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

exNavyOffRec

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't enlisted and civilians graded in the same board?

same board

Don't quote me on this, I've heard it is on same board but there is a quota (more restrictive) for fleet applicants to be selected vs civilian applicants. So in a way, it is a mini-board of two groups...

It is all in one, they keep track of who comes from where but the way they restrict fleet applicants is by TIS

CarnesCJ

Here's to hoping IP and CW boards are already underway. OCEANO was slotted to start on the 29th of November but has already adjourned and published results. 11 advertised candidates with 4 selected, completed in 4 days. Obviously CW and IP are larger pools and quotas. Good luck everyone, and happy holidays!

exNavyOffRec

Here's to hoping IP and CW boards are already underway. OCEANO was slotted to start on the 29th of November but has already adjourned and published results. 11 advertised candidates with 4 selected, completed in 4 days. Obviously CW and IP are larger pools and quotas. Good luck everyone, and happy holidays!

The 4 days often includes the board picking, then the list going back to NRC, then they do the letter up put OCS dates and then send it back for signature, it is that part that takes the longest, the board itself most likely did those few selections in a very very short time and it is possible the other designators are done but it takes longer to find and put OCS dates.

CarnesCJ

The 4 days often includes the board picking, then the list going back to NRC, then they do the letter up put OCS dates and then send it back for signature, it is that part that takes the longest, the board itself most likely did those few selections in a very very short time and it is possible the other designators are done but it takes longer to find and put OCS dates.
I was looking at the dashboard that was just posted and trying to ascertain if the other boards had started or possibly finished up because the dashboard says the next board for IP/CW/OCEANO is out in March of 2022.

exNavyOffRec

I was looking at the dashboard that was just posted and trying to ascertain if the other boards had started or possibly finished up because the dashboard says the next board for IP/CW/OCEANO is out in March of 2022.
Good catch, that would indicate the board is done and the results are at NRC in some stage of the process.

Creeping_Geep

Can anyone decipher what the numbers are for INTEL? Specifically the columns labeled (attained) or professionally recommended fy 22. Does that refer to the last board? Or some previous board.
I believe the PR column is the total number of applicants who have been ProRec-Y'd but have not yet shipped out. I would expect it includes the results from this month's IWC board.

CarnesCJ

So reading into the GENOFF dashboard numbers from the 5th of Nov to the 19th of Nov, I have some speculative guesses that do nothing at the moment but fuel assumptions.

Nov 5th:
Remaining selects FY22 = 55
Boards remaining FY22 = 2

Nov 19th:
Remaining selects FY22 = 11
Boards remaining FY22 = 1

The IWC community boards have all updated, as of the 19th dashboard, to the 7 Mar 2022 (except INTEL which is the 14th of Feb.) Since OCEANO finished early and was able to complete selections and publish results ahead of the 29th of Nov, and the new dashboard looks as if all IWC has already convened, I have hope that IP followed suit and started early as well. From the numbers that were published it looks as though 44 were selected from the board but that is an assumption.

We'll only know when results are published though. Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

So reading into the GENOFF dashboard numbers from the 5th of Nov to the 19th of Nov, I have some speculative guesses that do nothing at the moment but fuel assumptions.

Nov 5th:
Remaining selects FY22 = 55
Boards remaining FY22 = 2

Nov 19th:
Remaining selects FY22 = 11
Boards remaining FY22 = 1

The IWC community boards have all updated, as of the 19th dashboard, to the 7 Mar 2022 (except INTEL which is the 14th of Feb.) Since OCEANO finished early and was able to complete selections and publish results ahead of the 29th of Nov, and the new dashboard looks as if all IWC has already convened, I have hope that IP followed suit and started early as well. From the numbers that were published it looks as though 44 were selected from the board but that is an assumption.

We'll only know when results are published though. Good luck!
your thought process is a good one and should be confirmed when the results are released, even if not 100% correct you should be pretty close.