• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

exNavyOffRec

Interesting. I was instructed to by Mr McKinley (and then my OR) at IWTC before I ever saw my name on an at-board list.
It can make things go faster for sure, but if a person isn't selected they have done things that in some cases can't be undone. If the candidate is good with it then I am all for it.

If you applied for a civilian job and before any interviews they wanted you to take a urinalysis and background that would be just odd right? This is kind of the same thing.

hipaulshi

My foreign visit pages on 86 is 2 pages long if I remember correctly. First interview lasted 3hours. I am dual processing so my interview was for enlist side. I hope very best of luck of everyone on this board. I probably won’t get selected as I see a lot more competitive package discussed in the forum but cross my fingers nonetheless. I am applying for IP, CW.

exNavyOffRec

My foreign visit pages on 86 is 2 pages long if I remember correctly. First interview lasted 3hours. I am dual processing so my interview was for enlist side. I hope very best of luck of everyone on this board. I probably won’t get selected as I see a lot more competitive package discussed in the forum but cross my fingers nonetheless. I am applying for IP, CW.
Why are you dual processing? you realize if you don't get picked up as an office this time you are adding a few years to your process.

Do you have a good GPA and degree to give you a really good shot this time around?

hipaulshi

Why are you dual processing? you realize if you don't get picked up as an office this time you are adding a few years to your process.

Do you have a good GPA and degree to give you a really good shot this time around?
It’s not entirely rational. But it is ok. If I get selected, I am sure I can do well. But if not, there are hands in jobs on enlisted that I am interested too. My GPA was 3.59 which is not very competitive according to the google sheet from another thread for the previous board. I majored in Electrical Engineering but that was almost 9 years ago. Took the OAR got 75 in September which is probably the only competitive mark in my package.

Ekap2y

Hello all,

I made it to both Intel and CW this board and had Intel as my first pick and CW as my second. I have a good feeling I will not get selected for Intel but have a good shot at CW. My initial intention was to not attend OCS if I got selected for CW and not Intel. This is because I am under the impression that Intel is more sought after. Is someone able to explain the difference between the two and if you think it would still be worth it for me if I was denied Intel but got CW.

jnt0927

It’s not entirely rational. But it is ok. If I get selected, I am sure I can do well. But if not, there are hands in jobs on enlisted that I am interested too. My GPA was 3.59 which is not very competitive according to the google sheet from another thread for the previous board. I majored in Electrical Engineering but that was almost 9 years ago. Took the OAR got 75 in September which is probably the only competitive mark in my package.
? dude. You’re competitive AF. That’s just your own self doubt speaking.

exNavyOffRec

Your degree and GPA is what they look for.

If you go to enlist it is expected that you take what is available at the time you sit in the chair, a person with an EE degree with that GPA I would strongly discourage from enlisting and I am sure most officers on this site would agree.

exNavyOffRec

Hello all,

I made it to both Intel and CW this board and had Intel as my first pick and CW as my second. I have a good feeling I will not get selected for Intel but have a good shot at CW. My initial intention was to not attend OCS if I got selected for CW and not Intel. This is because I am under the impression that Intel is more sought after. Is someone able to explain the difference between the two and if you think it would still be worth it for me if I was denied Intel but got CW.
Why do you feel you have a better shot at CW than Intel, do you have a tech degree with high GPA?

GodisGoodAlways

Trust the Process!
I'm at a loss for words, does this always happen in NRC, I just got word from my OR that I did not even make the board and have to wait for the next one... My package was completed on the 15NOV2021 (including ETP for the OAR waiver) prior to 29NOV2021. Apparently, the board decided to convene on an earlier date without the ORs knowing. I'm just curious why it is ok to go before the scheduled board deadline without your field ORs not being in the loop. I guess, as applicants, we are always at the board's mercy...

exNavyOffRec

I'm at a loss for words, does this always happen in NRC, I just got word from my OR that I did not even make the board and have to wait for the next one... My package was completed on the 15NOV2021 (including ETP for the OAR waiver) prior to 29NOV2021. Apparently, the board decided to convene on an earlier date without the ORs knowing. I'm just curious why it is ok to go before the scheduled board deadline without your field ORs not being in the loop. I guess, as applicants, we are always at the board's mercy...

The deadline was Oct 22nd so you missed the deadline by 3 weeks, your OR should have never given you the indication you would make this board.

The board members can't hold a board until NRC sends them the file with all the applicants at the board, once NRC sends it the board can hold it whenever they want.

OR's know that board dates are just estimates, and if an OR doesn't then that OR needs to be educated. The only date that should matter to an OR is the due date, if the application is fully complete by the due date then it should be at board, if it isn't than it should not be at the next board.

CarnesCJ

The convene date was the 29th of November originally, the package submission deadline was the 8th of October. That had been advertised for quite some time. They actually pushed the submission date deadline back to I believe the 19th or so of October to allow more kits.

GodisGoodAlways

Trust the Process!
The deadline was Oct 22nd so you missed the deadline by 3 weeks, your OR should have never given you the indication you would make this board.

The board members can't hold a board until NRC sends them the file with all the applicants at the board, once NRC sends it the board can hold it whenever they want.

OR's know that board dates are just estimates, and if an OR doesn't then that OR needs to be educated. The only date that should matter to an OR is the due date, if the application is fully complete by the due date then it should be at board, if it isn't than it should not be at the next board.

Thank you for the clarification, I forgot to mentioned my application got submitted on the 21st OCT but the ETP application condition instructed to my OR should be approved/received prior to 15NOV. Either way, I missed it since it is not a "fully completed" application. Better try again next time. I guess it was just funny how my OR gave me a verbal confirmation on the 15th that I was officially at the board.