• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the clarification, I forgot to mentioned my application got submitted on the 21st OCT but the ETP application condition instructed to my OR should be approved/received prior to 15NOV. Either way, I missed it since it is not a "fully completed" application. Better try again next time. I guess it was just funny how my OR gave me a verbal confirmation on the 15th that I was officially at the board.
The system will say something to the effect of "forwarded to pro-board" but it does not specify which board.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
Interesting. I was instructed to by Mr McKinley (and then my OR) at IWTC before I ever saw my name on an at-board list.
I got lucky in a certain sense. Both my father and his best friend have held dual citizenship. My father was enlisted and then became officer (luckily), and his best friend is a retired AF Sargent who had to reject his second citizenship recently. If I wouldn't have listened to them I'd probably be dual processing, and have left my other citizenship early, but I nearly did both before realizing that I had to do what I wanted to do, not what the enlisted recruiter wanted me to do or cajoled me to do.

Creeping_Geep

I was looking through some Intel results from previous boards and noticed one fleet applicant who was DNR'd at the Dec 2019 board and was then ProRec-Y'd at the Dec 2020 board. Curious, but motivating.

exNavyOffRec

I was looking through some Intel results from previous boards and noticed one fleet applicant who was DNR'd at the Dec 2019 board and was then ProRec-Y'd at the Dec 2020 board. Curious, but motivating.
Could have been an application issue, I had one of those myself once, they tend to be one offs and to be DNR and go back to board the error must have been on the NRC side.

Creeping_Geep

Could have been an application issue, I had one of those myself once, they tend to be one offs and to be DNR and go back to board the error must have been on the NRC side.
I know as an OR you didn't deal with the fleet applicants but I wonder how bad it looks on a sailor's chain of command when their application has so many issues it gets them DNR'd. At the end of the day the application is the responsibility of the sailor, but at the same time multiple members of their CoC (including their CO) had to sign off on the package before it went to big Navy.

exNavyOffRec

I know as an OR you didn't deal with the fleet applicants but I wonder how bad it looks on a sailor's chain of command when their application has so many issues it gets them DNR'd. At the end of the day the application is the responsibility of the sailor, but at the same time multiple members of their CoC (including their CO) had to sign off on the package before it went to big Navy.
When I say NRC issue it would be adding wrong waiver into an application or something on their end, sometimes mistakes happen.

What mistakes are you speaking of that a command would make?

CarnesCJ

Other than BOL and the MPT&E portal, are there any other places that would possibly have any updates? Probably just getting anxious ha, but just don't want to miss something.

Creeping_Geep

When I say NRC issue it would be adding wrong waiver into an application or something on their end, sometimes mistakes happen.

What mistakes are you speaking of that a command would make?
Sometimes the board results will list the reason that an applicant has been DNR'd, such as OAR, clearance, etc. If a command is forwarding an application that doesn't have a qualifying OAR score that would seem to reflect poorly on them.

exNavyOffRec

Sometimes the board results will list the reason that an applicant has been DNR'd, such as OAR, clearance, etc. If a command is forwarding an application that doesn't have a qualifying OAR score that would seem to reflect poorly on them.

OAR isn't really an issue, that goes up and down as NRC needs to control the flow of candidates so the board doesn't really care about that.

In 99% of cases a DNR won't give a reason, the board is under no obligation to give one, many times it is a person who keeps applying with no chance of getting picked up due to lower GPA.

In those few cases that a person does get a reason one like you mentioned makes sense, that will affect them going for other IWC jobs as well, and maybe that DNR you mentioned was that cases, a security clearance issue that ended up being correctable.

lsatfiend

Other than BOL and the MPT&E portal, are there any other places that would possibly have any updates? Probably just getting anxious ha, but just don't want to miss something.

Based on the last two board results, it's been about a month and a half from the board convene date to results. JUN 28 board released on AUG 18 and the MAR 1 board dropped results on April 16. If the INTEL board met on NOV 8, I've resigned myself to waiting until at least mid-December, but also think there is a chance that results won't be released until Jan due to the holidays. Stay strong a hope I'm wrong!

exNavyOffRec

Based on the last two board results, it's been about a month and a half from the board convene date to results. JUN 28 board released on AUG 18 and the MAR 1 board dropped results on April 16. If the INTEL board met on NOV 8, I've resigned myself to waiting until at least mid-December, but also think there is a chance that results won't be released until Jan due to the holidays. Stay strong a hope I'm wrong!
NRC is just doing their "behind the scenes" items, so there could be results soon or not just depending on their workload.

CarnesCJ

NRC is just doing their "behind the scenes" items, so there could be results soon or not just depending on their workload.
Yeah, I'm just hoping that all of IWC started at the same time that OCEANO did and that the number of the other boards is what's adding extra time to releasing the results.