• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

I know it's hard to say, but do you have any idea as to what may cause this? I'm trying to think of what may cause an IWC-specific issue, only thing I can think of is maybe if they messed something up and are scrambling to fix it? Have you ever seen a wait like this before?
It's only been 4 weeks. Seems pretty in line with most the other IWC board wait times and hasn't been as long board results for other designators in the past. Considering the addition of a global pandemic and the uncertainty that has added to this process I'd say things appear to be standard so far, which is why I've been saying May 1 at the earliest this whole time.

exNavyOffRec

It's only been 4 weeks. Seems pretty in line with most the other IWC board wait times and hasn't been as long board results for other designators in the past. Considering the addition of a global pandemic and the uncertainty that has added to this process I'd say things appear to be standard so far, which is why I've been saying May 1 at the earliest this whole time.

Specifically what I was speaking about is how those of you that work through recruiters have yet to find out, it is uncommon for their to be such a difference in when info was released. It isn't uncommon for info to filter out for AD, then civilians, or civilians then AD, or at the same time, but we are talking hours or a day apart. This is interesting, and why the delay could be any reason under the sun.

EO87

Specifically what I was speaking about is how those of you that work through recruiters have yet to find out, it is uncommon for their to be such a difference in when info was released. It isn't uncommon for info to filter out for AD, then civilians, or civilians then AD, or at the same time, but we are talking hours or a day apart. This is interesting, and why the delay could be any reason under the sun.
Do you think there could be issues with them selecting civilians? I highly doubt that would be the case, as I know they pull from both AD and Civs, but every board I have seen has been pretty close for both finding out and this one seems to be an outlier.

NCCGT

Do you think there could be issues with them selecting civilians? I highly doubt that would be the case, as I know they pull from both AD and Civs, but every board I have seen has been pretty close for both finding out and this one seems to be an outlier.
Have any civilian applicants on here with responsive recruiters reached out this week? There was nothing in the system for me late Friday

sd16g

Have any civilian applicants on here with responsive recruiters reached out this week? There was nothing in the system for me late Friday
My OR has been pretty good / responsive throughout the process. I asked yesterday if there were any updates and he said no, he has been pushing extremely hard to try and get any info at all, and that he would let me know as soon as he hears something.

And what I was saying earlier wasn't in regards to the 3-4 weeks wait time, I know wait times usually lie within 3-4 weeks based on previous IWC boards, but I was trying to pinpoint what NavyOffRec said in his statement, that normally the time between AD and civs is 1-2 days but it's been about a week at this point which is atypical from previous boards.

exNavyOffRec

Maybe or maybe not, in the past IWC has had boards where civilians were rarely selected and boards where AD were rarely selected, it could be as simple as working out OCS dates.

A-Aron

Maybe or maybe not, in the past IWC has had boards where civilians were rarely selected and boards where AD were rarely selected, it could be as simple as working out OCS dates.
I know that working out the dates will undoubtedly add some time to the process.
e.g.
  1. taking into consideration future class sizes (probably reduced number of candidates due to social distancing)
  2. Deciding which applicant goes in which slot depending on location (someone from WY will probably get put in an earlier class while someone from NY/NJ would get assigned a later date)
  3. Taking into consideration the projected number of applications for the next board.

I just wish they could just tell us Y/N now and take all the time they need to figure out when they want us to ship out.

***Is it possible that the actual civ quota for this board is being altered, hence changing their initial selections (winnowing/adding)?

CWO_change

Just for everyones situational awareness

Depending on how long this pandemic goes on (and on whether it comes back in the Fall with a vengeance), the continued social distancing/smaller OCS class sizes could mean more initial sea duty (Direct Support subsurface, surface, and air) tours for CWs, which means more people getting sent to MD, HI, and GA and fewer people being sent to TX. If this is already being factored in, I could see more emphasis being placed on screening the right type of applicant for Direct Support subsurface; there has been talk for a while on revamping the selection process for subsurface Direct Support Officers to ensure a better fit for the community.

NCCGT

Depending on how long this pandemic goes on (and on whether it comes back in the Fall with a vengeance), the continued social distancing/smaller OCS class sizes could mean more initial sea duty (Direct Support subsurface, surface, and air) tours for CWs, which means more people getting sent to MD, HI, and GA and fewer people being sent to TX. If this is already being factored in, I could see more emphasis being placed on screening the right type of applicant for Direct Support subsurface; there has been talk for a while on revamping the selection process for subsurface Direct Support Officers to ensure a better fit for the community.
I’d be all about that considering I was working directly with DIRSUP in MD when I was enlisted.

CWO_change

I’d be all about that considering I was working directly with DIRSUP in MD when I was enlisted.

You're a better man than me as I absolutely hated riding. The mission was interesting as were some of the port visits. And I'm glad that I got to get my CW tactical tour out of the way on my first tour. But, man, was I miserable otherwise!

Ancalagon

Coming from the Army, I'd love to do tactical CW/intel work, or DIRSUP to a sub/ship! I'll do as much as I can before I shift over to the strategic side.