• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

sd16g

Are there any civilians who still have not received a tentative OCS date from their recruiter? Mine said he submitted a request about a month ago, but radio silence since then.

Just making sure I’m not the only one... :)
Still no date for me as well.

BaronRojo

If anyone would like the "OCS Survival Guide" I have it and can shoot it to you. Its pretty good knowledge about what to expect and things that occur. Hope to see a lot of you being selected soon.
Hi,

Could you send it me please? I've been searching for an updated version for while now, so I would really appreciate it.

Zequa

Hey everyone, I just have a question because this post looks recent enough to where information would be accurate and somebody might be more reachable. Is the DLAB standardized all in one made-up language such as Esperanto, or are there sections in languages you are trying to test out in? Is the latter something different entirely, such as the DLPT?

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone, I just have a question because this post looks recent enough to where information would be accurate and somebody might be more reachable. Is the DLAB standardized all in one made-up language such as Esperanto, or are there sections in languages you are trying to test out in? Is the latter something different entirely, such as the DLPT?
USN officers don't have a need for foreign language (except FAO) you would probably get a wider variety of responses by searching for a CTI type forum, are you looking at going enlisted?

Zequa

USN officers don't have a need for foreign language (except FAO) you would probably get a wider variety of responses by searching for a CTI type forum, are you looking at going enlisted?
I'm actually a Marine aviator hopeful & qualified already, but the slots are being cut down drastically right now and they want me to take the DLAB to bolster my application. Lived/worked abroad for 3 years in Ukraine and have some Russian language, so that's why. Intel/CW are my other choices if aviation doesn't work out, Marines or Navy. Also can't hurt to have this test under the belt.

exNavyOffRec

I'm actually a Marine aviator hopeful & qualified already, but the slots are being cut down drastically right now and they want me to take the DLAB to bolster my application. Lived/worked abroad for 3 years in Ukraine and have some Russian language, so that's why. Intel/CW are my other choices if aviation doesn't work out, Marines or Navy. Also can't hurt to have this test under the belt.
I see your other post now, for IWC foreign language doesn't matter, what will stop you is you have to have a min GPA of either 2.8 or 3.0 to apply and the average of those selected is 3.5

your best bet is to give the USMC option another shot, they weigh heavily on the PFT