• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

It’s Official: The U.S. Navy’s ‘Growler’

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
This thread has officially made my afternoon. First I return to find the hilarious graphic I requested and now I see that Lee Corso has been exposed on national television as the penis that he is.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
well, the "word" is that they're gonna be based up here

but that decision is being made at a pay grade well above anyone on this base
Just to clear up any uncertainty, that decision has been officially made and released to the general public. The RAG process is still going to be a two phase deal where you'll go to Lemoore to learn to fly the jet and learn whatever A/A tactics are required for AMRAAM employment etc, then go to Whidbey for the EW tactics phase.

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Just to clear up any uncertainty, that decision has been officially made and released to the general public. The RAG process is still going to be a two phase deal where you'll go to Lemoore to learn to fly the jet and learn whatever A/A tactics are required for AMRAAM employment etc, then go to Whidbey for the EW tactics phase.

Brett

oh yeah, sorry Brett, that's what I was thinking of when I said that

down in Lemoore I ran into some VX-9/40 ECMO's and they mentioned that and that's what popped in my head since we were discussing how the RAG is gonna be run

Coota0

None
Since the Marines aren't jumping on the Super Hornet, is the Corps planning on hanging on to the EA-6s or moving the EA-18 as well? What's the USAF going to do for their EW needs?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Since the Marines aren't jumping on the Super Hornet, is the Corps planning on hanging on to the EA-6s or moving the EA-18 as well? What's the USAF going to do for their EW needs?
Marines - stick w/ Prowlers
AF - B-52 Stand Off Jammer. Maybe. Someday. Eventually.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot

The AF used to have the EF-111 years ago, but I don't think they've had a dedicated EW aircraft since. Maybe they just depend on the Navy/Marines.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The AF used to have the EF-111 years ago, but I don't think they've had a dedicated EW aircraft since. Maybe they just depend on the Navy/Marines.
Yeah, the AF hasn't had a jamming platform since the early/mid 90s when the sh!tcanned their EF-111s. They have been depending on Navy expeditionary Prowler squadrons ever since, but they've been put on notice that as soon as the G model comes online, they're gonna be on their own. Good luck with that B-52 plan. That sounds like a joke - perfect for the way the USAF operates.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck with that B-52 plan. That sounds like a joke - perfect for the way the USAF operates.

Brett

Does sound like a joke... but imagine the trons and zoomies (yes, technical EE words) that a EB-52 could put out.... good lord.