• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this what goes on at the academy?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Apparently this vid made the newspaper in at least RI, CT, and CA, as it was sent to me by various friends and relatives with no other conenction to the Navy or USNA than, well, me.

I'm just waiting for the administration to pull high and right and institute an approval process for all spirit spots prior to creation, with a clause forbidding posting online without approval of the Supt. . .

draad

Approval process...already is one, and if a video is submitted online that is "distasteful to the administration" mids are punished accordingly. That being said, its a fucking video for kicks that's relatively clean (given other videos where ships' XOs/COs are fired over) and if someone has problem with it, go find someone who actually gives a shit what you think about a video online. Yes, I understand a video is an invitation for mockery and it's all in good fun (and I'm in favor of it), but anyone pulling the high and mighty "what will your subordinates think 3 years from now about a dance video you made in college" can take it somewhere else....

KBayDog

That being said, its a fucking video for kicks that's relatively clean (given other videos where ships' XOs/COs are fired over) and if someone has problem with it, go find someone who actually gives a shit what you think about a video online. Yes, I understand a video is an invitation for mockery and it's all in good fun (and I'm in favor of it), but anyone pulling the high and mighty "what will your subordinates think 3 years from now about a dance video you made in college" can take it somewhere else....

Wrong. John Sullivan and Dan Roman were high and mighty.

It's cool, draad. You obviously have all of the answers and experience, so keep on making and posting your awesome videos...and I'll keep on commenting from the peanut gallery.

-Low and Mighty

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Approval process...already is one, and if a video is submitted online that is "distasteful to the administration" mids are punished accordingly. That being said, its a fucking video for kicks that's relatively clean (given other videos where ships' XOs/COs are fired over) and if someone has problem with it, go find someone who actually gives a shit what you think about a video online. Yes, I understand a video is an invitation for mockery and it's all in good fun (and I'm in favor of it), but anyone pulling the high and mighty "what will your subordinates think 3 years from now about a dance video you made in college" can take it somewhere else....

Thin skin for someone claiming the high ground.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I don't see the big deal.

Granted, draad - I also wouldn't get my ass chapped about it either. I mean look at all the awesome stuff Marines have been putting out lately.

...and If some one video taped me and all the shenanigans I had on a typical weekend during college, then put it on youtube, we'd probably be having the middle east riots all over again.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Where the hell else am I supposed to take it? It's an internet forum bitching about...the internet! Goddamned if that don't make sense...kids these days...
Harden up Sally,
Pickle

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Apparently this vid made the newspaper in at least RI, CT, and CA, as it was sent to me by various friends and relatives with no other conenction to the Navy or USNA than, well, me.

I'm just waiting for the administration to pull high and right and institute an approval process for all spirit spots prior to creation, with a clause forbidding posting online without approval of the Supt. . .

No need to worry about the Supe. He likes the video and thinks it's good for recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Renegade One

None
Have to admit that I like the West Point vid....
I particularly liked a certain blonde cadet (I assume) lead dancer. And their "lead Asian dude" as just perfect...probably is Korean...seemed to know how to lip sync the actually lyrics pretty well. The two kids were a nice touch as well...a nice shout-out to the original.
Clearly, the Cadets have more horses than do the middies...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

toughguy.jpg