• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this rumor going around?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I'm currently in North Island - walked into central billeting to get my Q room yesterday and was greeted by twenty five lads who had just been "released". Oh the smell.....!!!!!

Bevo16

pilot
Nothing at the SERE complex burned, but the fire was close. The real reason for the evacuation was that the air quality at the complex was so poor that it was dangerous to be outside breathing ash.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing at the SERE complex burned, but the fire was close. The real reason for the evacuation was that the air quality at the complex was so poor that it was dangerous to be outside breathing ash.

No.

There are two ways in/out of where SERE is. One route is north and the other is south. Of the two ways out, one was closed due to fire and the other was in danger of being closed. The OIC didn't want us to get trapped at SERE, not to mention the risk of fires spreading to where we were. At that point the only option would have been a helicopter evacuation, which was obviously not the best choice.

The air at the complex was fine.

Jester

pilot
Hey Ben, when were you there the second time around? I might have been there with you, I was in class 08030 from 26 Nov-08 Dec.