• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is this rumor going around?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Or if a doc doesn't like how something sounded, and pulls you out of the field, you have to repeat as well.
Like doesn't like my screams of agony?...."Sorry you didn't scream loud enough or whimper like a kitten." Do not pass Go, do not get your orders stamped, go directly to........

Yah. I am developing doctor-phobia and for good damn reason.
You aren't NPQ'ing are you?

MasterBates

Right now I am in limbo. Don't know if I will fly the 45 again or not. Looks like the ball is mostly in NOMIs court at the moment.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Right now I am in limbo. Don't know if I will fly the 45 again or not. Looks like the ball is mostly in NOMIs court at the moment.
Shite....that sucks....you could always do a P-3 transition and go back to the St.Johns River.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
To hell with that, I will join COMCIVFLT first.

master,

i'm wondering about something- you have your wings (i saw your AWG pics in the other thread), but i also saw a thread where you said you were too big for the jet trainer and so you were waiting on a waiver. so what are you winged in and how are you going about getting an anthro waiver? :confused: in fact, if you were having anthro problems, how did you get into flight school at all? didn't anthro DQ you?

i don't mean to pry, but it's just that i may have anthro problems going the other way :(, 4 yrs from now, and so i'm interested in what people are doing for waivers and stuff.

(sorry about the change in topic of the thread, but hopefully, this will be just a short detour)

MasterBates

I winged as a helicopter pilot in 2003. I have been flying the T-45 as part of a transition from flying SH-60Bs to E2/C2s.

Per my anthros done at OCS, I fit in the T-45. However, my very tight fit in the T-45 had concerned an IP and when the doc sent me for an unoffical re-measure, the new measurements say I don't fit. Right now I am working on a waiver with command support.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I winged as a helicopter pilot in 2003. I have been flying the T-45 as part of a transition from flying SH-60Bs to E2/C2s.

Per my anthros done at OCS, I fit in the T-45. However, my very tight fit in the T-45 had concerned an IP and when the doc sent me for an unoffical re-measure, the new measurements say I don't fit. Right now I am working on a waiver with command support.

thanks.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I still think it's God's way of pointing out that jet pilots are gay, even if it's only a training jet... ;)
baby_crying_closeup.jpg

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went to SERE twice. It sucked. Bad. The first time we were evac'd out on the day we would have been taken to the camp. Even though I only did the camp portion once, I can assure you from personal experience that going through any portion of SERE more than once is completely miserable. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I made plenty of copies of my completion certificate... I never want to go for a third trip.

Why would anybody have to repeat SERE? That sounds like a BS rumor to me.

I guess if you failed to complete it, they might send you back (doubtful), but that isn't really "repeating" it.

If they want me to repeat it, they better bring a small army of folks to help me get on the plane. No f-ing thanks.

kejo

pilot
SERE more than once is beyond miserable...yet I think I'd like to do DEST if they brought it back. I liked the evasion portion of SERE, and I heard that's as far as you go in DEST, no capture/resistance. Can anyone with some DEST experience share/confirm?