• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the PI in your future?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I have a hard time believing this may actually happen. They aren't kidding about the Pacific focus. Would I go? Sure!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As long as I can stay at the Clark Holiday Inn and get $12 massages before I go flying I'll go back. And not eat balut again.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
When I made a couple of port calls into Subic in 09, a couple of FEDEX pilots told me that FEDEX was pulling out and moving to China. FEDEX was about the only regular traffic into Subic International (former Cubi Point NAS)
The Chinese were building a ship building/repair facility in Subic Bay but they had about 15 ships anchored in the bay with nothing to do.

I could envision the Philippine Gov't starting to look at the dollars that a US military presence can bring and consider it.

Renegade One

None
Well, I surely hope that Subic never returns to what it was in days gone by...basically a "free fire zone" for all things. That said, it would be nice to find out that all of the "SH flight suit tailors" and incredible wood model makers...shit-hot belt buckle makers, golf, tennis, scuba, Cubi Dogs, Cubi Specials (it's a drink, butthead...), ice cold San Miguels, yadda yadda yadda...were available again. Not to mention an Officers' Club where the motto remains: "TAIYNWIYQ": "The answer is yes...now what is your question?"