• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is the PI in your future?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Every SH I've seen is a no-kidding actual flight suit, just sometimes a different color of NOMEX - suitable for flying(and drinking).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Ours are just embroidered green flight suits. The idea was to have something we could wear to Mad Boom/Reunion/ AOMs and drinkex's in, but if you were on the schedule or needed to go turn a plane or something, you didn't have to change out of your black/red/royal blue/whatever color bag to do it.

MasterBates

You need to change to turn planes? In VAW land, the mechs would turn it in standard maintainer gear (not fireproof, just normal Navy stuff).

I've turned planes in Bags, AWGs, Washed Khaki and SmurfCam.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
You need to change to turn planes? In VAW land, the mechs would turn it in standard maintainer gear (not fireproof, just normal Navy stuff).

Was High Power qualed in VAW116 and dungarees and T-shirt was the norm on all turns unless it was raining or cold :cool:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

No AWGs, I refuse to wear blueberries on principle and no wash khakis. The maintainers wear their blueberries.