• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IRIAF Phantoms hit ISIS in Iraq

robav8r

None
Contributor
John Kirby............ pffft, O'Bozo lacky. Disgrace to the uniform. Shouldn't a AD flag fall on his sword for the good of the country?
Really ? I had the opportunity to actually meet him. Considering his job, the administration he supports and the current state of affairs in the world, I would definitely NOT classify him as a "disgrace to the uniform." But, as always, YMMV . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He's actually really good in that job - much better than his predecessor... and a good guy. Redux, you might want to review some of the tenets of civ-mil relationship along with the constitutionally enumerated civilian control of the military. Kirby works for SecDef and puts out the administration's DoD policy. It's an apolitical function.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not at all, call it like it is. Meanwhile Nero fiddles as the Jars are humiliated once again. :( Kirby fresh from Lewinsky drop will say it happens all the time.....
e6d4066396b8da3a4261c04682936d0d798794f764474e8257df5c1c5670987a.jpg

Redux

He's actually really good in that job - much better than his predecessor... and a good guy. Redux, you might want to review some of the tenets of civ-mil relationship along with the constitutionally enumerated civilian control of the military. Kirby works for SecDef and puts out the administration's DoD policy. It's an apolitical function.
Understood what you're saying BUT what I'm saying is someone needs to grow a set and humiliate the bastard in the WH. Career ending, sure, but for the good of Naval Service I think t used to go (the country in this case) Can he **** up any worse? Remains to be seen I suppose.

Now for some of the smarter statements from this admin...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like I said, Flag & General officers operate in a dispassionate, apolitical environment. Just because you don't happen to agree with a particular administration doesn't mean that every senior officer in the Pentagon is chomping at the bit to put a Democrat administration in its place. It's unprofessional and it would accomplish nothing.

You seem awfully worked up over this. My advice: Take the long view. If one sticks around for as long as some of us have, you'll get to experience brilliance and buffoonery from multiple administrations from both sides of the political spectrum. It all evens out in the end. That way, people like you and I can worry about truly important things - like where I'm going snow camping this weekend. :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Understood what you're saying BUT what I'm saying is someone needs to grow a set and humiliate the bastard in the WH. Career ending, sure, but for the good of Naval Service I think t used to go (the country in this case)...

From what little I can gather from your profile you aren't in the military yet but hope to be so, if you do wish to serve much less become a commissioned officer you might want to fix that attitude pretty quick. Service members aren't in the business of humiliating the Commander in Chief whoever that may be and the rare ones that do are usually quickly cashiered.

In the meantime you may want to quit drunk posting and go to Facebook where that crap belongs.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Understood what you're saying BUT what I'm saying is someone needs to grow a set and humiliate the bastard in the WH. Career ending, sure, but for the good of Naval Service I think t used to go (the country in this case) Can he **** up any worse? Remains to be seen I suppose.

No. That would be bad for the service. It would not humiliate the POTUS as much as I think you need, and it would humiliate the USN a great deal. Bad for morale, bad for the service, bad for the country. And not bad in the "we had to go through tough times to fix problem ___" way, either. Just bad. No one will be doing that here. Stop getting your hopes up.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Seriously, beef with the Pentagon spokesman? His job is to articulate DoD policy to the public. If anything I thought he was cool as a cucumber when some Fox News bimbo tried to get him to declare war 4x or so, each time repeating 'the President has authorized military operations against...' Then I wanted to ring her neck when she finished the interview with 'You heard it here, Pentagon spokesman Admiral Kirby refuses to declare war against Islamic extremists!' Someone slept through civics 101.

There are Gen/Flag officers who have managed to push unpopular strategies for the good of the country, and it doesn't involve trying to humiliate the President on TV. Read up on MacArthur's Inchon landing or Patreaus's surge.

Redux

No. That would be bad for the service. It would not humiliate the POTUS as much as I think you need, and it would humiliate the USN a great deal. Bad for morale, bad for the service, bad for the country. And not bad in the "we had to go through tough times to fix problem ___" way, either. Just bad. No one will be doing that here. Stop getting your hopes up.

Obviously the whole situation isn't pretty. I'm glad I was able to pull the plug many years ago under much better times soon to deteriorate. (God bless GHB) Clinton became an embarrassment but this asshole is a national disgrace. When I see Kirby spinning and defending I wonder WTF happened. :( Sorry for my rant but was feeling for opinions.

That all being said.......... is A4sForever still among the living?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Obviously the whole situation isn't pretty.
Welcome to American democracy. Seriously, dude. Stop acting like the whole world is crashing down upon you just because your party isn't in the WH this particular term. Your guys will get a chance to fuck things up too... just wait. In the meantime, give it a rest already.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That all being said.......... is A4sForever still among the living?
As far as we know, A4s thrives and is active on a different Naval Air website he helped start when he and several AW "Old Hands" started several years ago. He last popped a post on here 'bout a year ago.;)

Personally, unlike some others who were glad to see him leave, I miss his sense of humour and his uniquely prolific writing style. He was certainly opinionated, but then... aren't all of us'n"Nasal Radiators" to some degree?:p
BzB

Redux

As far as we know, A4s thrives and is active on a different Naval Air website he helped start when he and several AW "Old Hands" started several years ago. He last popped a post on here 'bout a year ago.;)

Personally, unlike some others who were glad to see him leave, I miss his sense of humour and his uniquely prolific writing style. He was certainly opinionated, but then... aren't all of us'n"Nasal Radiators" to some degree?:p
BzB
How could you not like A4's? Flew real airplanes, older and more cantankerous than I and a rapier like wit! Hell, he had fun long before the Navy went tits up. ;)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How could you not like A4's? Flew real airplanes, older and more cantankerous than I and a rapier like wit! Hell, he had fun long before the Navy went tits up. ;)
Yeah, me too... I was already winged for 10 years when A4s graced his first fleet squadron!;)
149570.jpg
BzB