• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Invisalign

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
I had twelve porcelain veneers done by a cosmetic dentist in LA, I had his board certification copied for my records. Navy dental did x-rays and inspection following the procedure. They looked for weak bonding and exposed dentin.

Did Tricare cover that, or would you mind PMing me approx. what you paid to get those done?

Most of my teeth are fake, so I can't get teeth whitening :(

Zissou

Banned
All cosmetic stuff was out of pocket.

Navy dentists are actually very good. I believe their professional standards are very high.

When you say most your teeth are fake, what do you mean?

There are alot of options.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
"It's like putting candy in front of a baby...I (nom nom nom) chomp it UP"
MV5BMjExNjIwODgzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDcxNDY2._V1._SX262_SY399_.jpg

martin137.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
My girlfriend is a dentist in 'naptown......invisalign is her gravytrain...
it's expensive but if you have a nasty grill...it can change your life too!

Waldo

Harrier Bubba
pilot
I've been wearing Invisalign for almost four months now to take care of some minor adjustments. I've been very happy with the results. It's not that visible, but your speech will be affected a bit until you get used to talking with it. I always take it out before I brief or fly. I may leave it in for certain meetings. Some people may notice, but you'll have to get over it. The more you wear it, the quicker you'll be done with it.

Navy dentists are actually very good. I believe their professional standards are very high.

I agree. I found a great Navy dentist who used me as his Invisalign "test case". I'm very happy with the results. It's well worth the effort.

Best Regards,
Waldo

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
All cosmetic stuff was out of pocket.

When you say most your teeth are fake, what do you mean?

There are alot of options.

I mean I have had almost every type of dental work done in my mouth known to man. I've got half a dozen root canals, a dozen or so fillings. Crowns, partials. You name it. I was always under the impression that if it wasn't enamel or "natural" tooth, it wouldn't dye/bleech.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I mean I have had almost every type of dental work done in my mouth known to man. I've got half a dozen root canals, a dozen or so fillings. Crowns, partials. You name it. I was always under the impression that if it wasn't enamel or "natural" tooth, it wouldn't dye/bleech.

Jeez.... who are you? Trap-Jaw?

87091003fk6.jpg

LivinMyDream

pilot
Like Waldo, I found a Navy dentist that used me as his invisaline guinea pig. My teeth are straight, no one noticed I wore the retainer-type thing because I took it out while briefing, etc, and it is nice to eat and not get stuff stuck in your teeth. Overall, well worth the effort. Good luck with everything.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

WTF do you brush your teeth with?? George Carlin's "Chopper sheen"??

"Wow Laslow! Timmy had only 7 extractions today at the dentist! It must have been that Chopper Sheen he's been using!"

Chopper Sheen: Now removes enamel, pulp, dentin AND gums!

:D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
So would it be cosmetic to have two teeth put in if I never had them in the first place? I'm talking up front teeth that make it hard to eat spaghetti and other things that require cutting.