• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting way to announce your exit from the Naval service

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
You brought up an organization that the USMC lends it's visage....among others is the Rolling Thunder Memorial Day bike rally. I'm hard pressed to think of many more....the USN won't even endorse the Tailhook or Assosciation of Naval Aviation for Chrissake. The respective services don't endorse companies or political movements and for an individual ACDU officer to do so is anathema.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, the proper term is "US Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots."

Toys for Tots is an officially sanctioned charity. There is no comparison between the two.
I'm wasn't comparing, contrasting, or making a judgement of right wrong....just pointing out a discrepancy in what someone was saying.

Mumbles said:
Using your uniform to leverage any product, opinion, organization is classless and distasteful and illegal IMHO.
We all know the Marine Corps Reserve does such a thing every year. Whether it's an officially sanctioned charity or not is irrelevant when applied to Mumble's statement. He did say any organization after all.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
So you have me dead to rights, Steve-O....
Me thinks there may be a subtle distinction with this charity and Carbon Copy Crap Company.....I'm sure you were being devil's advocate.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At 1:20 in the first linked you tube video watch his face as he swallows a load of snot that's been hanging in his throat...too funny.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Yeah, for someone who's so hell-bent on promoting himself (and that glorious computer you all have - clearly he doesn't have my 5 year old laptop) and whose presentation skills are honed by an illustrious career in the Naval Service, he is by no means flawless in his presentation. Also, in the "driving" blog post, he's not driving. But I don't see the reason for doing that in the car. Did it suddenly dawn on him? "Holy shit, I've got it! I have to tell my followers how awesome their computers are!"