• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information Warfare VS. Pilot

Avalon

Kind of random...Information Warfare VS. Pilot - I know they are extremely different, and can't really be compared side by side, but both sound like a great route....any thoughts?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kind of random...Information Warfare VS. Pilot - I know they are extremely different, and can't really be compared side by side, but both sound like a great route....any thoughts?

Please, for the love of everything that is sacred........go Pilot. :D

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
You could get the best of both worlds if you go pilot and then lat transfer to IW.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
how likely is it that that could happen?

IF you are a top performer who plans ahead for it, I would say you've got a decent chance. PSW here on AW lat transfered from SWO to IW, she can add some insight to all of this

Avalon

who is PSW? It's actually my husband who got pro-rec'd for the two...and both of us are so excited, we love the idea of both....so how long was PSW SWO?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
PhrogsShoeWife.... Oh he was pro-rec'd for both. How long does he have to choose?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Oh man that's quick. Well get him on here to start learning about pilot. As far as IW, PSW can answer your questions is she's around before then. I am fairly familiar with what Information Warfare is and how/why the US does it. I am not familiar with how the Navy does IW or the IW career path. If you have any general questions about IW, I can try to answer them for you if PSW doesn't show up.

phrogpilot73

Let's see...

PSW = my wife, and an IW officer (former SWO)

Me = pilot

I'm not touching this topic with a ten foot pole, I'll let her weigh in on this one... ;)

As far as IW, PSW can answer your questions is she's around before then. I am fairly familiar with what Information Warfare is and how/why the US does it. I am not familiar with how the Navy does IW or the IW career path. If you have any general questions about IW, I can try to answer them for you if PSW doesn't show up.
I'll talk to her tonight, I'm almost certain she'll be happy to help out (she's got a PPT file she's going to upload shortly as well...)

Avalon

thanks so much for all of your help...my husband does use airwarriors under this name- he just got his own name too. He will be looking at this shortly I'm sure.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
how likely is it that that could happen?

AW doesn't give odds on anything from "What percentage get jets?" to how likely anything anything is to happen. If his motivation is to fly, that is what he should do or he'll regret it forever as that window will close with age. However, people have moved into IW at latter stages in their careers. If he is intrigued by both, perhaps the Prowler/Growler community is where he should go as they dabble in IW from time to time.