• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Impact of Flag/GO Appointment Delays

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought the Senate was going to move forward on the entire group in one vote with the rule change they just approved to get around this mess.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I thought the Senate was going to move forward on the entire group in one vote with the rule change they just approved to get around this mess.
I did too, but he's still holding on to those 11. I'm assuming the Senate will pass that rule change soon, to finally put this to bed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did too, but he's still holding on to those 11. I'm assuming the Senate will pass that rule change soon, to finally put this to bed.
At this point, Tuberville would be of more value to the republic if he were ground up as adjunct protein for use in your favorite Ralston-Purina dry cat food. The people of Alabama deserve better.

taxi1

pilot
Duffel blog…

Tuberville insists on blocking nominations until someone can answer his riddles three​

"None shall pass!" says Senator from beneath bridge.

“Who art ye, doth come to me? If you wish to confirm a he or a she then answer me these riddles three!”.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

So if I understand this article right, he released (most of) the hold in order to prevent a vote that might have taken away a single senator's ability to institute a hold. Thereby preserving his (and presumably others, this is DC after all...) ability to singlehandedly obstruct a process in order to throw a hissy fit about something else. That about right?

FFS. Congressional logic.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So if I understand this article right, he released (most of) the hold in order to prevent a vote that might have taken away a single senator's ability to institute a hold. Thereby preserving his (and presumably others, this is DC after all...) ability to singlehandedly obstruct a process in order to throw a hissy fit about something else. That about right?

It was only a temporary fix, IIRC it was only going to be good until the end of 2023, but more than a few Senators seemed apprehensive from public statements of the precedent of even that would set.

So yeah, kinda right.

number9

Contributor

FFS. Congressional logic.
"In a democracy, people get the government they deserve" --de Tocqueville (or something like that, anyway)

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
1. He is holding up nominations for GOFOs, many of those are tied to promotions. Many/most of those nominations involve a promotion, I.E. all the O6s who made O7, or the 2 star moving into a 3 star billet. Some moves are lateral, like VCNO to CNO, which are both 4 star billets. Flag matters is a strange animal, but I'm 90% sure that they won't get backpay. Their date of rank starts upon confirmation.
I guess the Senate just voted to give them back pay, which is just, I think.

And yet 2 years after I retired, I received word from DFAS that ~$800 was going to be garnished from my pay bc of a TAD trip just prior to retirement. The DTS submission was approved at all the byzantine levels of DTS, and I had all the receipts documented correctly...Apparently, there was some kind of audit done at the MEF level and then submitted to DFAS a few years after retirement. When confronted with this bullshit, I made a few calls to my last command's admin and then the MEF's admin people, but realized quickly, I needed to just say fuck it. It wasn't worth the battle to fight it from the outside.

Military pay rant out/