• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Impact of Flag/GO Appointment Delays

Random8145

I've read that up until the 1980s, the U.S. subsidized its shipbuilding industry, which other nations also do theirs, but then we decided to stop, which made it much more difficult for ours to compete, so we lost a lot of it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I'm always amazed when I see outwardly healthy, fit, clean-living humans suffer from heart disease. We still know little about the cause and effect. Its a mystery.

Best wishes for the General's speedy recovery...

LT. GEN. KARSTEN HECKL

20231101_063334.jpg

Last edited:

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I see there are a lot of GOP Senators tonight that are fed up with Tuberville's antics, and are forcing him to object on individual GO/FO nominations (which he previously said he wouldn't oppose, I believe)

My question for the forum is

1) is he holding up BOTH nominations AND promotions? If holding up promotions, do they rate back pay?

2) Could the services PCS the nominated officers to their expected duty stations, in spite of Tuberville's antics, or is that not legal?

3) Will this eventually affect promotion boards for O-6, and on down.

Finally, Tuberville has been using this line over the past year, and I'm glad he got called on it.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
I see there are a lot of GOP Senators tonight that are fed up with Tuberville's antics, and are forcing him to object on individual GO/FO nominations (which he previously said he wouldn't oppose, I believe)

My question for the forum is

1) is he holding up BOTH nominations AND promotions? If holding up promotions, do they rate back pay?

2) Could the services PCS the nominated officers to their expected duty stations, in spite of Tuberville's antics, or is that not legal?

Finally, Tuberville has been using this line over the past year, and I'm glad he got called on it.

Mark Kelly is a Democrat senator. However you say that Republican senators are fed up with him. What gives? You realize Tuberville didn’t just decide to do this out of the blue? It takes two to tango…

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Mark Kelly is a Democrat senator. However you say that Republican senators are fed up with him. What gives? You realize Tuberville didn’t just decide to do this out of the blue? It takes two to tango…
Yes, I know Kelly is a Democrat. Tuberville is on an island within his own party. Please name me some GOP Senators that support what he's doing. It's definitely just a few, if that.

Not really sure what you're implying that he didn't "do it out of the blue". No shit, he disagrees with a civilian led DoD policy, and is taking it out on the uniformed service, and is hurting readiness.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

1. He is holding up nominations for GOFOs, many of those are tied to promotions. Many/most of those nominations involve a promotion, I.E. all the O6s who made O7, or the 2 star moving into a 3 star billet. Some moves are lateral, like VCNO to CNO, which are both 4 star billets. Flag matters is a strange animal, but I'm 90% sure that they won't get backpay. Their date of rank starts upon confirmation.

2. Unsure, but I doubt it. I suspect those orders get cut upon confirmation, but there might be some wiggle room.

3. Depends. It's a bit like JO job shift in a squadron where there are cascading effects when jobs change... big house of cards. I doubt it will impact promotions to O6, but it may impact the number of 1 stars they make this coming year.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of these people, while I disagree strongly with some of his policy positions, is a retired O-6 Intruder pilot with combat time over Iraq in Desert Storm and a NASA astronaut with multiple spaceflights. The other is a pathetic washed-up ball coach whose main accomplishment is having his nose so far up Donald Trump's ass I'm surprised he can breathe, let alone have an original thought.

Who has more credibility regarding military promotions? The world wonders . . .

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Thanks @Brett327 . I couldn't tell from the reporting if the reporters were conflating the nomination to the billet, with promotion to the next rank. Your answer to 1 cleared that up.

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Do intelligent human beings still (or did they ever) use the term "stay the course"? I thought that idiotic saying died 20 years ago

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
...The other is a pathetic washed-up ball coach whose main accomplishment is having his nose so far up Donald Trump's ass I'm surprised he can breathe, let alone have an original thought....

I think the 'ol ball coach should pledge his gubment salary to charities benefiting military families, while he pursues this asinine strategy.

He became wealthy coaching an "amateur" sport. Not sure how a coach from Auburn got elected in AL. He doesn't even live in AL, he lives in FL now!