• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
The Alpha guys are not going to be attached to MIKE Co. We are being attached to ATB, Aviation Training Branch over on main side. Its run a by a colonel and our IFS section is headed up by a LT who is on a stash job. The Lt's from Alpha co. will be in two groups, one will start on May 12th, the other June 2nd, If you are not in the first group you have to report to main side gym @ 900 in the morning, do PT for couple of hours, chow, then study or what ever till 1400, then days done. Not to bad and not rotting away in MIKE CO. So doing IFS in Quantico is not that bad. Pus it gets all the single guys out of the barracks and getting BAH.

UORBulldog

Ya you basically just repeated what I said.. there will be no rotting in Mike company or O'bannon Hall. And nobody in Echo got a choice to go down to Pensacola either, or I probably would have picked it. We got told one of two things - Dulles or Manassas. And like I said, I haven't even came within 10 miles of TBS since January. I figured the Centralians had reclaimed all their old territory and it wouldn't be very friendly

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Ya you basically just repeated what I said.. there will be no rotting in Mike company or O'bannon Hall. And nobody in Echo got a choice to go down to Pensacola either, or I probably would have picked it. We got told one of two things - Dulles or Manassas. And like I said, I haven't even came within 10 miles of TBS since January. I figured the Centralians had reclaimed all their old territory and it wouldn't be very friendly

No, what happened was that the Centralians and then CLA joined forces, pooled their resources, and while using the Quantico-like terrain and METT-T(of course) managed to reclaim their old territory.

UORBulldog

Ya I forgot the Centralians are actually a historically peace loving society, it was the Centralian Liberation Army separatist group that kept giving us all that trouble in fire team size elements. I think they just renewed their pact with the Montanyans for another 15 years too

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Ya I forgot the Centralians are actually a historically peace loving society, it was the Centralian Liberation Army separatist group that kept giving us all that trouble in fire team size elements. I think they just renewed their pact with the Montanyans for another 15 years too

At least. We just survived the second engagement with Montanyans...luckily they don't really know how to perform a platoon-sized attack, so our defenses should have demoralized them enough to have them withdraw for a while. But who knows...

Conaway

I was Fox company - graduated March 19th. I came to Pensacola on March 26th, Checked in one week - and now I'm in IFS. They are really pushing down here to get people through as fast as they can. MOC OIC is also claiming that we will be able to start API shortly after we finish IFS. IFS is fast down here - with some IFS schools finishing in close to 20 days depending on the weather. And if you are a graduated company - i.e. Fox, Echo, Delta, or even Charlie - you need to get down here now. Why stay in Mike Company where you get treated like s***. You are given ZERO accountability of yourself - how are you expected to take charge of a 30 dollar plane/ young marines.
They are trying to get everyone in before the mess that is Alpha company comes. Not hating on Alpha company, but with all those air slots - its going to back up at some point. We had a pre-IFS brief a few days ago and apparently some serious brass called down and asked why all these Lt.'s are in limbo - needless to say - All of Fox company started IFS shortly after. Moral of the story - Come to Pensacola and start your career - not rott away in O'bannon Hall.

I'd appreciate it if I could get some gouge on anything you hear, or have heard, about extra air slots in future TBS classes. Specifically, Golf 08.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
I'd appreciate it if I could get some gouge on anything you hear, or have heard, about extra air slots in future TBS classes. Specifically, Golf 08.

Nothing special, if you're a ground contract you'll need to go competitive air, and the number of slots varies from company to company. It all depends on the needs of the Corps, and how many air contracts drop their contract or get rolled to a different class. Also, being a competitive air means you'll be chosen based on your rank in your company. Good luck on it, but it's all dependent on many variables out of your control.

Conaway

Nothing special, if you're a ground contract you'll need to go competitive air, and the number of slots varies from company to company. It all depends on the needs of the Corps, and how many air contracts drop their contract or get rolled to a different class. Also, being a competitive air means you'll be chosen based on your rank in your company. Good luck on it, but it's all dependent on many variables out of your control.

My medical is good til Nov and my ASTB scores are fine. I was already selected once. Hopefully that will help...

Trev82

pilot
For bravo i believe there were only 4 slots available with 10 Marines competing. Your overall rank in the company, your astb, medical and other variables will all have bearing on you getting selected. good luck hope that helps

Conaway

For bravo i believe there were only 4 slots available with 10 Marines competing. Your overall rank in the company, your astb, medical and other variables will all have bearing on you getting selected. good luck hope that helps

Thanks for the info.

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
To get competitive air, the usual strategy applies. Study hard and be in good shape, work your ass off, and take charge as much as possible. Selection is done relatively early in the POI.

Your SPC is the one that you need to impress.

Once you get the air slot, be a good figmac....go internal.