• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I need a new major...

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
Im looking to change my major, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what might help me out in the future...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Im looking to change my major, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what might help me out in the future...
I've said and others have said it many times.... pick something you like and enjoy.

You might feel that you are committing yourself to a future based on your major, but that's not true. There are a million things you can do with almost any degree.

Sure, if you don't get a degree in chemistry you probably can't be a chemist, but unless you really enjoy chemistry, who cares? The same applies to many/most technical fields.

The good grades that you get because you enjoy the subject will open many more doors than any specific major.

gotta_fly

pilot
And the award for most ambiguously open-ended question of the year goes to...

Seriously though, you might get better suggestions if you give a little bit of detail on your interests or skills in life. The best advice on majors I've gotten is to pick something you enjoy doing. I knew I would be an officer regardless of my major, so I chose something I've always been interested in.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yes, please ellaborate. How about horticulture? I always thought that would have been better than engineering was

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
And the award for most ambiguously open-ended question of the year goes to...

Seriously though, you might get better suggestions if you give a little bit of detail on your interests or skills in life. The best advice on majors I've gotten is to pick something you enjoy doing. I knew I would be an officer regardless of my major, so I chose something I've always been interested in.

ok...right now im an usmc air canidate...im good at science and english, some of my interests are firefighting, flying, and i really like stuff that is reallly hands on...i guess my biggest question now is is there certain types of degrees that will help with promotion boards in the future.....

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
I'd go with history, political science, english, or maybe communications. Business degrees are never bad to have. If you like math and you're good at it, swing for engineering or physics. To be an astronaut you need a technical major(he didn't ask, but I'll just throw that in there anyway). If you're not picky, find something broad that's interesting and gives you possibilities.

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I've said and others have said it many times.... pick something you like and enjoy.

You might feel that you are committing yourself to a future based on your major, but that's not true. There are a million things you can do with almost any degree.

Sure, if you don't get a degree in chemistry you probably can't be a chemist, but unless you really enjoy chemistry, who cares? The same applies to many/most technical fields.

The good grades that you get because you enjoy the subject will open many more doors than any specific major.

Good gouge.. Also, unless you plan on being a test pilot or astronaut. Other wise take the advice given above and do something you will enjoy and be good at.

I am a business major at my school. I love it, it has been really easy. Others in my program are engineering majors and hating life. If you enjoy engineering then great. But they don't. But they are too far along now to change it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
ok...right now im an usmc air canidate...im good at science and english, some of my interests are firefighting, flying, and i really like stuff that is reallly hands on...i guess my biggest question now is is there certain types of degrees that will help with promotion boards in the future.....

Promotion board??? Dude, just worry about getting into the military to begin with. Beyond that, be a performer