• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
A few of my pictures from earlier on Whitecap Beach and a poor-quality video.

Attachments

• DSCN1063.JPG
    DSCN1063.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN1064.JPG
    DSCN1064.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1072.JPG
    DSCN1072.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 42

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Look at this idiot. :)
http://www.caller.com/photos/galleries/2008/sep/12/hurricane-ike-prep-0912/10344/

Pickle, could you update us in the morning as to the extent of flooding? I figure I ought to bring some supplies on my way back.

I will try...I think what I posted is as bad as it will get...on the way home and in the last 8 hours the wind had shifted more out out the north, so pushing the water away from land. I took the pix at high tide, the next one is at 0448. (The missus is pissed I keep taking the car out to the island at 3.53/gallon)

I live on the seawall at NASCC facing SE, and the water is nowhere near land. No rain as of 2315 and none probably for a while...

and for what it is worth I took a few idiot shots today...but only water to my thighs:D Have a great video of the flooding at Bob Hall pier, I'll try to get it up on Youtube (if my wife shows me how)

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
If we have power here in the morning I'll let everyone know what the weather is doing. I still expect power to be off.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah we had a cool sunset tonight on the drive out to Rudy's.......could see the outer bands of the hurricane right out over the gulf, very organized and cool to look at. Still no sign of tropical storm force winds, or any rain. Guessing things will pick up in a few hours, but right now the sky is clear-ish and it is balls hot.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Here is the video I shot...there is a little hottie at about 6:15...I think her boyfriend may have had an idea what I was doing back there:D

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
TXCN is reporting that a 19 y/o kid got swept off a jetty on the island so that must be why the USCG helicopter keeps flying around.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
TXCN is reporting that a 19 y/o kid got swept off a jetty on the island so that must be why the USCG helicopter keeps flying around.

Yeah, I heard someone got killed so that was probably the guy. Saw lots of trucks stranded out alongside the SPID coming back. I guess they didn't want to miss a good night of fishing....

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Hey, anyone on the island know if there's power or not or if it was lost at all? We've got some food in the fridge and I'm worried if it'll be good when we get back or not.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hey, anyone on the island know if there's power or not or if it was lost at all? We've got some food in the fridge and I'm worried if it'll be good when we get back or not.

Power is still on here....I would be surprised if it went out anywhere

robav8r

None
Contributor
We've got some food in the fridge and I'm worried if it'll be good when we get back or not.

If you have USAA insurance, they'll reimburse you up to $500.00 for spoiled/ruined food due to a power loss/natural disaster. We used them while I was up in Whidbey during a heck of a wind storm and subsequent power outage.

Ciao . . . .

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Power stayed on the entire time on the island and if it was going out anywhere, it would of went out here. It really was a non-event with the exception of a higher then usual tide. I don't think it even rained here.