• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

I just wanted to get an idea of the differences in age going to OCS. I know all you PLCers are 21 or so... but what about you other OCC guys? Im 26 now. Am I going to be an old man when I get to OCC? Or are there a bunch others like me? I know GTodd is up there with me, and Im sure there are plenty of priors my age or older. Post it up. -Reaps

jburnes

not that I'm going to OCS anytime soon...or even have a date to go...but I'm 23...been out of college for 2 years now...is that all this random survey wanted to know?

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I think I read on the Marineocs.com board that in the OCC class that just graduated last week, the average age was 26.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm 22... But I know someone at OCS who is 29. I think I've also heard that the average age is 26 and anyone under 24 is considered a 'baby'.

I am 25 and hoping for a spot in OCC 186. For pilots the age limit is 27.5 at commissioning. Also, not all the PLCers are 21 because some are priors or just delayed going to college for whatever reason. I doubt that 26 is considered an old man in any case.

Atomic927

Contracted for OCC-186
I'm 20 right now and waiting to hear on an air slot in OCC 186. I'll be 21 in June, but I think that still makes me the 'baby'. Oh well...

kwm522

im going to the combined PLC this summer (June 4) and i am 20 turning 21 may 22. I dont know if that is good or bad to be young?

lucky1899

I'm 23

I'm 23 and will be submitting my app for OCC187. The thing is, I turn 24 on October 24th, which will be around the third week of OCS. You think they'll go easy on me on my birthday? LOL.

reapergm

You didnt hear? The SIs throw pizza parties for all candidates birthdays. Only catch is their bday punches hurt alittle more than your friends do!!! lol

im1lkygrl

proud sna wife :)
hello, my husband is 28...he was accepted for ocs(pilot) in march 04 & he is waiting to hear now when he will class up. :) i think he said it will be in october or november, he has been in the navy for 8.5 years. thanks for the forum to ready!!

Status
Not open for further replies.