• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do you stay motivated to work hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Sophro said:
Don't sweat the GPA thing, man. I know a couple of people who got pro rec'd with a 3.0. It's the whole package that counts, and certainly a good GPA won't hurt. The Navy currently needs pilots so they are a little less picky when it comes time to select candidates. Keep your dreams in perspective; Play a sport, get involved in the community, and just make the best of your time in college while striving to do well.

Most ordinary people in this world have made some minor mistakes in their lives and the Navy recognizes this. I don't know if I would buy too much into the perfect person hype.

Actually right now, it is a lot harder to pick up SNA than in previous years man. There is no lack of pilots at the moment... infact the jet program in kingsville is slowing people down to compensate for having too many wingers too soon for the fiscal year.

Sophro

SNA--13 Nov 2004
DestinedAviator...The point of this whole thing is simple: If you want it bad enough, you will do everything in your power to get it. Keep in mind that the key phrase is "everything in your power." Somethings are not in your control, and that is just something that you have to live with.

If you need help staying motivated try some or all of the following:

- Hang a huge Navy fighter aircraft poster on the wall in your room.

- Go to a couple of airshows every year; check out the planes and talk to the pilots.

-Buy Top Gun on DVD and watch it once a month.

This is just a start, but I know that it worked for one guy. Maybe it would work for you too, I don't know. One other thing--don't worry. Worrying does crap for you.

As far as the need for pilots goes, call your local officer recruiter and see if they need SNA applicants right now. You might be surprised. It is true that there is no LACK of pilots right now. However, the Navy must know something that we do not because they are actively seeking applicants (though on a limited time frame, if that makes any sense). Perhaps they predict an overflow of retirees in the next few years, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.