• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Horror Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
josejimmenez said:
By the way, anyone know how to change the little "registered user" under my name?

Go to "User CP" in the top bar, and then choose edit profile. There's a "Custom User Title" that you can fill in.

Also, start practicing the phrase "Thank you sir may I have another?"

palmettoguy4519

writing papers

i've heard that you have to write papers when you screw up? is that true? and also, when are most can. able to leave the base in ocs?
ps. its not good to qoute Top Gun in OCS?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You probably shouldn't refer to yourself as "Indoctrination Candidate Maverick" if that's what you mean. Anyway, the first opportunity you will get for liberty is the 4th week, your class must work as a team for this to happen. As for writing papers, I don't know anything about that.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
I dunno when first libbo is but 4th week sounds about right. From what I hear Marine OCS will make you write essays as a way to further screw with you and take up that precious little personal time.

I saw several essay assignments handed out my last few wks of OCS, those were actually kind of funny. If I remember correctly they all came from Chief Adams (the Chiefs don't want to miss out on all the fun)

Sailorman1982 said:
Do any of the canadites go nuts?

Not too often. Most ppl that can't hack it DOR the first wk. I know of two that got a little flakey, got rolled and then were alright when they classed up. Of course there is always the story about the guy who snuck out of regiment one night and jumped of the chapel roof.

Sabre170

None
When I went to Marine Corps Boot Camp back in 1993 I didn't know anything about what to expect, except that I was going to get yelled at a lot. The first week really sucked, that is when everyone got homesick. We did all the in processing which means "hurry up and wait." You have all this time to think about what was going on at home, and how you were completly out of your comfort zone. When we got "dropped" into our regular platoons and met the Drill Instructors who were going to torment us for the next 12 weeks things got scary. Sea bags were flying everywhere, DI were screaming at everyone. We even had a recuit piss himself, which really made things rough.

I imagine Navy OCS will be something like that the first couple of days. I think the DI will want to establish his position right away and make everyone appreciate the Marines.

As long as I am in shape and know that there is no way anyone can yell as loud as my DI from back in 93 I will be okay. For those of you who have not been through a boot camp, good luck. Just remember thousands of others have made it through it and just don't quit. It will be tough at times. Just remember the IPT (incentive PT) is for your own good. All the puch ups you do will help you get a better score on the PRT.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
Essas?

Sailorman1982 said:
i've heard that you have to write papers when you screw up? is that true? and also, when are most can. able to leave the base in ocs?

Essays?
Quit worrying about essays my flabergasted friend. In the middle of Indoc week you will be wishing that you could write essays instead of getting your brains beat out. A word from the wise.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
Just kidding!

Just Kidding!
OCS is not that bad, if you are in shape. And if you are not, you will be at the end of thirteen weeks. Just look at it as one big PT session with small breaks in between for meals, class, and sleeping. Not inspections though, even the RLPs include massive doses of Pushups, leglifts, bends and thrusts, eight count bodybuilders, and so on. I think in the fourth week inspection I did two hundred bends and thrusts (with my underwear on my head), and somewhere in the vicinity of 150 side straddle hops (jumping jacks). It wasn't that bad though. It was kind of fun in a sick, twisted way. :tongue2_1

MikeGuy

Sailorman1982 said:

Some drill instructors assign essays as punishment, as opposed to RPT (remedial physical training; "mashing"). For example, a candidate in my class (my squad leader, as a matter of fact) was caught screwing up in chow hall and had to write a 1,000 word essay on the importance of procedure. I thought it was very funny, but then again, I didn't have to write the essay.

When (not a matter of "if," but when) you get caught making a mistake, hope for RPT. Essays are a very time consuming task, and you'll end up wasting precious hours better spent on studying/RLP prep/etc. RPT is just a few minutes of pain, and then it's over.

MikeGuy

iluvpoopies said:
I saw several essay assignments handed out my last few wks of OCS, those were actually kind of funny. If I remember correctly they all came from Chief Adams (the Chiefs don't want to miss out on all the fun)

Not too often. Most ppl that can't hack it DOR the first wk. I know of two that got a little flakey, got rolled and then were alright when they classed up. Of course there is always the story about the guy who snuck out of regiment one night and jumped of the chapel roof.

Beware Chief Adams! She is arguably the hardest masher at OCS. Many of the Chiefs seem reluctant or uncomfortable with their mashing powers (my cheif mashed us once for about 10 seconds), but Adams is another story. If you get in her sites, she'll give you one hell of a beating.

The chapel guy: one of my friends in my class was his roommate in H. He had some interesting stories....

Status
Not open for further replies.