• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Horror Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

I keep hearing that OCS is 13 weeks of pure hell? What in the hell makes it that way :icon_smil. Do they keep you up all night? What is it like the first few days? Do you need windshield wipers for the saliva coming out of the drill instructors mouth? What are some the best things you can do to prepare?
thanks

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
After the beatings with switches the first week, things really aren't that bad. or maybe the pain is just dulled.

palmettoguy4519

Well well

I consider myself a pretty strong dude...as long as I am not assulted in a Michael Jackesonian manner, I'm sure I will get through it :D

Although biting a pillow, what does that mean?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Sailorman1982 said:
I consider myself a pretty strong dude...as long as I am not assulted in a Michael Jackesonian manner, I'm sure I will get through it :D

Although biting a pillow, what does that mean?

the pillow is only if you're really, really naughty... Of course, they like the strong guys there.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
You can't prepare enough before arriving at OCS. As you probably already know, OCS is a big mental game. The physical aspect of that isn't hard at all, it's just mentally draining. For me, the first 4 weeks were very tough, then it started to loosen up a bit after 4th week RLP.

palmettoguy4519

quit playing games with my ?????

Mental games are played at naval OCS? What kind of mental games? what is some of the crazy stuff they do? Do any of the canadites go nuts? :shake_125

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Now Sailorman, if we told you what kind of games they played, it'd probably ruin the fun!!! My advice to you is to go there with a minimum of "gouge" and experience the whole thing firsthand. Believe me, it's worth it!! In some instances, if you know too much information, you spoiled the "fun" for yourself and everyone else in your class (because they'll be asking the person that "knows it all" what's next). Just go there and get it over with. After you're out, you'll be able to look back and laugh at some of the events that took place. Good luck!!

palmettoguy4519

D mac

I would love to go there without any information; yet, that is an ominous statement. I never like to enter the field without stetching because you might get hurt. Your advice appears risky; and this is not Risky Business, its Top Gun baby, and I'm not going to right checks my body can't cash. :cowboy_12

Sailor man

DairyCreamer

Well,

Back in 1980 when my Dad went to OCS himself, you can be sure that there was no airwarriors.com or some other gouge to go off of before getting there. He survived, became an Ensign, and had his stint in the Navy. He didn't know jack before checking in. I'm not all that sure he was even given the Big 4 prior to memorize before heading to Pensacola.

I think these days your recruiter gives you enough information survive if you want to survive. I've done plenty of reading on these forums and elsewhere, but words don't hold a candle to actually doing something, ANYTHING, first hand. I don't care if it's OCS, making bread, or jumping out of an airplane, there's only so much the written word can convey.

If and when the day comes that I get to attend OCS, I have a feeling that no matter the gouge I have or will read, it will be a different, unique, difficult, and rewarding experience in any aspect you can imagine.

~Nate

Sailorman1982 said:
I would love to go there without any information; yet, that is an ominous statement. I never like to enter the field without stetching because you might get hurt. Your advice appears risky; and this is not Risky Business, its Top Gun baby, and I'm not going to right checks my body can't cash. :cowboy_12

Sailor man

thumper

"its Top Gun baby"

Start quoting Top Gun and you'll have plenty of horror stories of your own soon enough.

Kill Jane.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Hey sailorman, could be worse you could be going to Quantico for a 10 week vacation with the Marines. Now I havent gone to OCS yet but I figure as long as I have an understanding that it will suck and I will get screwed with and it will end eventually I figure it will be alright. THis is not to say that i am going to slack and not excercise. WHile Marine OCS is supposedly a lot more Physically demanding I'm sure Pensecola will be no cake walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.