• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Homosexuals in Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rg9

pilot
... And women on subs...

Both come up from time to time. Neither will happen (God willing). Either would cause too many problems.

The press knows little of the military, the UCMJ, and combat in general. They're idealist snobs who publish stories based on how much of a stir they can make (case in point: lack of coverage of anything good in Iraq).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Happy Day!! :love_125:

Wait, that is supposed to be an inside voice.......

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
... And women on subs...

Both come up from time to time. Neither will happen (God willing). Either would cause too many problems.

The press knows little of the military, the UCMJ, and combat in general. They're idealist snobs who publish stories based on how much of a stir they can make (case in point: lack of coverage of anything good in Iraq).

In complete seriousness, what are the reasons behind the prohibition of women serving in the submarine service?

The explanation I had always heard was a lack of facilities, but then posed the question to one of our STA-21 sub guys who said that was not the reason. I was unable to get a clear answer about what in fact was the true motivation.

nugget61

pilot
I've not served, but for those who have: don't you know everyones orientation anyway? I mean, how can you serve with these people and not know? I get the feeling that the politicians just want everyone outside of the unit to know too.

Rg9

pilot
In complete seriousness, what are the reasons behind the prohibition of women serving in the submarine service?

The explanation I had always heard was a lack of facilities, but then posed the question to one of our STA-21 sub guys who said that was not the reason. I was unable to get a clear answer about what in fact was the true motivation.
Serious? Really? It seemed kind of obvious to me.

Has to do w/ facilities (don't know what that guy was thinking), "woman issues", etc. etc.:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15355

I've not served, but for those who have: don't you know everyones orientation anyway? I mean, how can you serve with these people and not know? I get the feeling that the politicians just want everyone outside of the unit to know too.
People hide it. It has nothing to do with "ratting out" homosexuals. Don't know how you concluded that...

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Oh boy I enjoyed shootin the women thread, now it's time for the gays.

Here are my thoughts,-whether you like to hear them or not.

Keep the "don't ask don't tell" policy. I actually like the policy.

Everyone in the military is forced to sacrifice. What the "dont" policy does is require homos that want to serve in the military to keep their shit quiet, out of view, and to themselves. I love it.

I don't go around telling everyone or flaunting to everyone the fact that I'm heterosexual and captivated by the female disposition (ok maybe I do a little on that last part), so why the hell does the dude next store feel compelled to tell everyone in his unit that he likes it in the pooper? Let's keep the "don't" policy and more importantly keep these guys in the closet. If they really want to serve their country they can do so under the pretense that they are normal masculine men who talk without a lisp or the femmy hand motions of my 16 year old sister. I don't mind serving with them as long as I don't know they're gay. What I don't know ain't gonna bother me.

And Nugget61, with all these "metros" from Cali and the Northeast coming in, it keeps us regular folk guessing.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Oh boy I enjoyed shootin the women thread, now it's time for the gays.

Here are my thoughts,-whether you like to hear them or not.

Keep the "don't ask don't tell" policy. I actually like the policy.

Everyone in the military is forced to sacrifice. What the "dont" policy does is require homos that want to serve in the military to keep their shit quiet, out of view, and to themselves. I love it.

I don't go around telling everyone or flaunting to everyone the fact that I'm heterosexual and captivated by the female disposition (ok maybe I do a little on that last part), so why the hell does the dude next store feel compelled to tell everyone in his unit that he likes it in the pooper? Let's keep the "don't" policy and more importantly keep these guys in the closet. If they really want to serve their country they can do so under the pretense that they are normal masculine men who talk without a lisp or the femmy hand motions of my 16 year old sister. I don't mind serving with them as long as I don't know they're gay. What I don't know ain't gonna bother me.

WOW!...judging from this post...didn't I see you at Talladega?

reneckslifestyle36nv1.jpg

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Holy sh!t, the homosecksyooalls are gonna run the military into the ground!

:sleep_125

In other news, allowing gay and lesbian people to serve openly hasn't seemed to affect other countries.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Jesus Christ. You watch too much TV. Not every gay dude walks around in a pink skirt with a limp wrist. Many gay dudes out there (a la brokeback mountain) look like real "Men's men". I've know a few dudes (obviously not in the military) who I'd never guess were gay. It never came up for the longest time and they weren't even really trying to hide it.

If I could be clueless about dudes in the civilian world, I can't imagine it being very hard to hide in the military world.

I've been in situations where people are talking about christianity. I just STFU and they assume I'm Christian.

Shit, I hate sports but I pretend to like sports if an IP asks me if I saw "the game". That, to me, is probably a lot harder than pretending you like pussy. I have to know team names, scores or whatever. They just have to pretend to like pussy...

sodajones

Combat Engineer
To each their own. I don't mind gays in the military as long as they keep stuff to themselves. I don't want to know about it and as long as they can do their job and keep it on the DL, then it's fine by me.

I'd rather fight with a gay man who can lift heavy objects or haul my shot up ass out of a combat zone than a straight female who can't.

Sooner, I'm from the Oregon, our cable tv doesn't have nascar and our skeet is full of granola.

http://o2collective.org/archives/stilters-save-salmon-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.