• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

home defense

yak52driver

Contributor
I entered a league (I forget the official letters for it), but they do defense scenarios for the courses, bad guys hiding behind stuff, behind good guys, moving targets, strong hand, weak hand shooting. It has taught me a lot.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It appears no one has addressed the need for good training? Don't mean shit if you can't hit what you are aiming at and in a home invasion the stress level goes way up with a lot of considerations and it all has to be done within seconds of becoming aware of the threat, recognizing the threat, dealing with the threat. It don't mean a thing if you have the wrong tool for the job and no training to use that tool to start with. Bad guys don't give a shit what you have and are not intimidated with names or calibers. However, they do feel pain and incapacitation no matter how it is applied. I've been involved in a couple of home invasions and it did not turn out well for the invaders.
Semper Fi

Of course that wasn't the question or intent of the thread. But good info none the less, obvious in nature, but good.

ryan1234

I just use a throwing tomahawk for home defense. Nothing gets the point across (no pun intended) like a tomahawk to the forehead. :)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I've got one, too and I love it. So smooth and extremely fast and it's not too big. The only big issue is that it loves ammo and goes through it easily.

Yup....thank god it eats the low brass cheap stuff when you're just blastin'

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The only other issue is that if you're using target shot, it may not fully cycle. That was only an issue when I first got it, but has since gone away quite a bit due to breaking it in.

FlyinRock

I just use a throwing tomahawk for home defense. Nothing gets the point across (no pun intended) like a tomahawk to the forehead. :)
Ryan
Why in hell do you want to toss away your weapon? That doesn't make much sense to me. I think I'd rather keep it in hand and chop holes in the skull...<ggg> The SOG Tactical is a good one.
Semper Fi
Rocky

ryan1234

Ryan
Why in hell do you want to toss away your weapon? That doesn't make much sense to me. I think I'd rather keep it in hand and chop holes in the skull...<ggg> The SOG Tactical is a good one.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Rocky, from a pragmatic perspective you're right. However, my explosive-tipped arrows and crossbow would do the trick for the first wave.... my throwing tomahawk would merely be the coup de grace for the last wounded red coat running away.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised I'm the only one who uses claymores in all of the choke points in my house. Not only do they kill the intruders, but they're great fun for kids of all ages.