• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

heterophoria

blur

A-pool
Praying4OCS - Thanks man!

UMichfly - ya, you're other thread actually put me at ease quite a bit knowing I should be within quals...I am definitely going to do those exercises so I hopefully won't have to worry about this at NAMI...thanks!

tiz84 - ya, I was thinking the same thing, haha...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
het·er·o·pho·ri·a (h
ebreve.gif
t
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
-r
omacr.gif
-fôr
prime.gif
emacr.gif
-
schwa.gif
)
n. A tendency of the eyes to deviate from the parallel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterophoria

Is that like "walleye vision?" I hear there's a delicate corneal inversion procedure... a multi-opti-pupil-optomy. But, in order to keep from damaging the eye sockets, they've got to go in through the rectum...

:D:D

Seriously, though...that sucks. Good luck and keep us updated...

~D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I salute your bravery in admitting to the ready room here that you suffer from heterophoria. :D

Just keep fighting it, dude. The esoteric medical stuff is actually sometimes easier to get through, get re-evaluated, or get waived than the more common problems. Heterophoria/exophoria? Um...let's see what we can do...what is that again? Red/green colorblind? Thanks for playing, there's the door.

Ain't over 'til the head honcho says it's over. And sometimes not even then. Best of luck to ya.

blur

A-pool
Thanks guys...I'll be sure to post when I hear anything...but like you all know...it's NOMI so I'll see you guys in about a year...;)

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Hey Blur,

If the exophoria is really what the "problem" was you should be fine at 4.0. You are correct, the cut-off is 6.0 for exophoria. I had one eye exam where they measured 6.0 and another where they measured 5.0 and my SNA physical cleared NOMI. I definetly want to find that eye work-out card and eliminate my exo as well, I don't want to have this come back and bite me later.

blur

A-pool
Ya...I'm pretty sure that's what it is...under the Heterophoria section on the physical there are 4 subsections: ES, EX, RH, and LH...there is a big fat 4 under EX and zeros under the rest. I feel pretty confident in guessing that ES = Esophoria and EX = Exophoria...not sure what RH and LH are. Anyway, everything else is a-ok...

Also, I was looking at getting those eye-workout cards, they ain't cheap though...I've got a free eye exam to use on my insurance so I may head to the doc and see if they can't provide me with something...