• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help Me Decide on a College

FastMover

NFO
None
go 'noles!!
:sleep_125:icon_wink

bk8fp.jpg

Go Gators!

Lawman

None
BTW, it's "it's". Did you learn your grammar from The Ohio State University?:banghead_

Go Terps.:turtle_12

No I went to that Hippy school made oh so famous and referenced in a Neal Young song.

Kent Right, Kent Read, Kent State....

Criminal Justice, "You'll have to take more foreign languages then english and math classes combined..."

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
When I went through NSI the most common schools were:
- Old Dominion
- South Carolina

Some other schools that are friendly to OCs are:
- Washington State
- Idaho
- Cal Maritime
- North Florida

badger16

None
Go to Wisconsin...Get top 25 football,basketball, and hockey....drink alot of beer, Party on state street....jump around and all will be good! ;)

P.S. muck fichigan!

Bumper365

Where would you suggest someone go to college who is considering NROTC at a pretty good college, maybe Arkansas University? And what things will I need to work on during the NROTC, that shows leadership qualities or anything needed for me to get a pilot slot?

No I went to that Hippy school made oh so famous and referenced in a Neal Young song.

Kent Right, Kent Read, Kent State....

Criminal Justice, "You'll have to take more foreign languages then english and math classes combined..."

Well, Kent St. probably has more experience with the NG and ROTC than most. :)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whatever school you get into, you should be able to get "resident" tuition rates because you are Active Duty on orders. $10K only goes so far. Make sure you consider this when choosing a school.

My OCs at The Pennsylvania State University were paying $12K a year for tuition. That's money out of your pocket if you go above the $10K....that didn't even include BOOK$$$$.

-ea6bflyr :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And what things will I need to work on during the NROTC, that shows leadership qualities or anything needed for me to get a pilot slot?

Seeing how you want to fly fighters in the Navy, you might want to start learning aircraft recognition and then you'd realize that you used an Air Force F-16 as your avatar.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Whatever school you get into, you should be able to get "resident" tuition rates because you are Active Duty on orders. $10K only goes so far. Make sure you consider this when choosing a school.

Not necessarily true! You should absolutely double check this rule before asking for orders. In California, the rule states that Active Duty members are entitled to in-state tuition if they are not on orders for educational purposes. In other words you can't get STA-21 orders to UC Berkeley and then ask for in-state tuition because you're only in the state on military orders. Also, I believe that if you are on non-educational orders you have to make an effort to become a resident within a certain amount of time to retain in-state tuition.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Not necessarily true! You should absolutely double check this rule before asking for orders. In California, the rule states that Active Duty members are entitled to in-state tuition if they are not on orders for educational purposes. In other words you can't get STA-21 orders to UC Berkeley and then ask for in-state tuition because you're only in the state on military orders. Also, I believe that if you are on non-educational orders you have to make an effort to become a resident within a certain amount of time to retain in-state tuition.

I was looking at California schools until I found the same info. I wasn't going to pay 15k+ out of pocket. California likes to stick it to the military I guess. Well their loss.

Bumper365

Seeing how you want to fly fighters in the Navy, you might want to start learning aircraft recognition and then you'd realize that you used an Air Force F-16 as your avatar.
I know that's an F-16. Lol, my favorite plane by far was the F-14 Tomcat. But now considering the newest of our fighters is the F/A-18 I probably like it best. I know most types of aircraft in active duty or past WWII duties. I'm not an airforce man at all. By the way, Vipers are gay.