• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helos or Jets

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Jets fall like a coke machine from the sky without engines. Don't fool yourself on that one.

Choppers can autorotate.....which is loosely interpreted to mean "falling slower than a coke machine".

So what does the MV-22 do? Faster or slower than a coke machine?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As an airplane, slower than a Coke machine, approximately the same rate as a set of car keys.

As a helicopter, faster than a Coke machine, perhaps the rate of a pallet of bowling balls.

My apologies to Galileo.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
As an airplane, slower than a Coke machine, approximately the same rate as a set of car keys.

As a helicopter, faster than a Coke machine, perhaps the rate of a pallet of bowling balls.

My apologies to Galileo.

New callsign: Aristotle.

Lt Awesome

Thanks for the replys. I guess some questions were answered, just mainly why nobody likes NFOs. I never said Prowlers or 46s suck, just not really what I want to be doing. Ok who I am kidding, Prowlers would suck. And yes I want my own trigger, most Marines do. But I am sure I will be happy wherever I end up. More info about the different missions would be helpful.

Ok all you little angry people. Bring on the complaints and bitches. My Awesome ego needs to be shrunk.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks for the replys. I guess some questions were answered, just mainly why nobody likes NFOs. I never said Prowlers or 46s suck, just not really what I want to be doing. Ok who I am kidding, Prowlers would suck. And yes I want my own trigger, most Marines do. But I am sure I will be happy wherever I end up. More info about the different missions would be helpful.

Ok all you little angry people. Bring on the complaints and bitches. My Awesome ego needs to be shrunk.

I'm just a rotorhead, but I don't know why Prowlers would suck--they're throwing a lot more real-world electrons downrange than F/A-18s and AV-8Bs are throwing bombs. Whole squadrons are dropping one or two bombs during a deployment, while EA-6Bs are doing a lot to keep guys from being blown up.

I understand the trigger thing. I think most guys are WAY into that when they join. However, there aren't always things to blow up, but there are always people and things that have to go to a certain place at a certain time.

Glad you say you'll be happy wherever you go!

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Ok who I am kidding, Prowlers would suck. And yes I want my own trigger, most Marines do.

I really could give 2 shits if someone doesn't want prowlers (ergo I rarely explain any benies we have. Plus there are only like 4 FY09 pilot slots left for Marines). But that line shows your extensive knowledge base of the platform.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

I'm starting to think someone needs to man up and just accept their fate, whatever it may be. Most guys giving advice to ya have more flight time in left turns than you have total flight time. Bunk out.

teabag53

pilot
Seriously, did you catch Down's Syndrome hanging out on South Padre? I just can't think of any other possible reason you would ask for help and then shit-talk (no matter how unknowingly) some of the very people you asked in the first place. Also, why ask in the first place if you already know everything there is to know...Not-Even-a-Boot? I'm sure you'll be a real asset to whatever unlucky squadron gets the pleasure of delivering your daily crushings. WTF?

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Seriously, did you catch Down's Syndrome hanging out on South Padre? I just can't think of any other possible reason you would ask for help and then shit-talk (no matter how unknowingly) some of the very people you asked in the first place. Also, why ask in the first place if you already know everything there is to know...Not-Even-a-Boot? I'm sure you'll be a real asset to whatever unlucky squadron gets the pleasure of delivering your daily crushings. WTF?

What did you expect with a name like Lt Awesome?

Crowbar

None
And yes I want my own trigger

transformerfu5.jpg

If what you say is really true, I hear IOC could use a few more steely eyed killers.

Better Marines and better pilots than you have been "stuck" with 46s and Prowlers and have made actual contributions to the war effort. It's fine to have your preferences but you don't know enough to make a blanket statement that flying a certain platform would just suck. Besides, in the end, you're either going to find what you like about your community and focus on that or you're going to stay hung up on how you got screwed.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
I really could give 2 shits if someone doesn't want prowlers (ergo I rarely explain any benies we have. Plus there are only like 4 FY09 pilot slots left for Marines). But that line shows your extensive knowledge base of the platform.

I'd like to hear some of those, if you don't mind, Sir. I am nowhere near needing to select, but I would like to know more about Prowlers, since I know less about them than almost anything else. TIA